Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Only the steering. Following the instructions gave me that np.

I get what you’re saying. One bit did nothing (immediately obvious). Another just changed the cruise control type. I gave up after that.

So try all the possible combinations in the first 4 bits? 8 bits? 16 bits (I’ve noticed that’s not always checksum)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Did you try changing 720-01-01 to xxxx xxxC xxxx ?

"City Safety" is also controlled in that same bit. May be why your CC changed.

Checksum is only the last two bits on each row:
720-01-01 to xxxx xxxx xxXX
720-01-02 to xxxx xxXX
720-02-01 to xxxx xxxx xxXX
720-02-02 to xxxx xxXX

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yep. Nothing immediately obvious changed. The CC changed when I experimented with other bits. No big deal, just an observation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Reactions: Reidonly

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to try this today and I was unable to load any modules from the MS can side.

Setup:

Macbook pro with VMware windows 7
OBDLink lx

I was able to load HS can and successfully change the theme to blue gt.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
I went to try this today and I was unable to load any modules from the MS can side.

Setup:

Macbook pro with VMware windows 7
OBDLink lx

I was able to load HS can and successfully change the theme to blue gt.

Any ideas?

OBDLink LX doesn't support the Ford-specific MS-CAN network. You need the OBDLink MX.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I wish I would have known that before purchasing.

You should be able to return that LX if you just bought it and I have a wifi MX available for less than new if you are looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should be able to return that LX if you just bought it and I have a wifi MX available for less than new if you are looking to upgrade.
I bought it a month ago from amazon and don't have any of the packaging so I don't think that will be an option.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I know this has been discussed before, but I am pretty sure Comfort mode is the new mode when it is enabled. For one, it defaults to Normal as soon as you enable the IPC menu for the selective suspension, so that leads me to believe that the standard mode (not Sport) is Normal. The other reason is that I've driven on the same bumpy roads in the past with Normal(not sport) and Sport mode, and when I switched to Comfort, I didn't feel about 75% of the same bumps, ridges, railroad crossings, etc... But Comfort and Normal float on certain uneven roads where it is undulating, whereas Sport mode does not really do it.

The MX is awesome but at $80, I'm rolling with a modified ELM327. I wired in a toggle switch that switches between HS-CAN and MS-CAN.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Reference thread is no more I suppose? I was able to snag a copy from Archive.org, but I wonder why it got taken down...

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
How long has it been down? Someone posted to it just yesterday. They could be going through and cleaning up excess posts where people ask what do because they "don't have time to go through 300 pages". They did that before to trim the thread down. Hopefully it'll be back soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Has anyone confirmed it worked on '18, I got the steering but not the shocks
Nobody has gotten it working so far on 18s with the 2-screen IPC. MKZ / Mondeo IPC with '18 firmware works tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive got the option for both the adaptive suspension and the steering on my stock instrument cluster, havnt been able to really test and see if theres a difference but im able to change both with no problem

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
ive got the option for both the adaptive suspension and the steering on my stock instrument cluster, havnt been able to really test and see if theres a difference but im able to change both with no problem

On the dual-screen IPC? What bit did you change to get it working?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes I'd like to see that, I've noticed that even though all that shows is steering, when I change it the suspension also firms up.

I did both those changes but only show a Steering addition on screen.

Hollow your's is a '18?

101 - 120 of 145 Posts