Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5 weeks and 1600 miles into ownership of my new Sport. It's Lightning Blue and has most options except for navigation, cooled seats and parking assist. This is my 4th Fusion. I've had an '07 SEL, an '11 Sport and a '14 Titanium.
Here are some observations on the new one in no particular order of importance:

- They saved a few pennies by removing the net inside the door of the glovebox. I really miss that for keeping my Maglight from rolling around.
- I love the little compartment in front of the shifter. It holds my sunglasses like it was made for them.
- Glad to see it still has a spare tire, an aluminum one at that
- Happy I got the Goodyear tires. Looks like they might be a little better in the snow than the Conti's
- I can feel the difference of the active suspension. It's subtle but I like the way it handles bumps.
- Cruise control "cancel" and "resume" are now two separate buttons. Took some getting used to.
- Love, love, love the LED headlights. I drive every night to work and it's easier to spot the deer now.
- The touch screen doesn't show fingerprints nearly as bad. Don't know what they did but I appreciate it.
- Really wish there was a button for the heated wheel so I didn't have to go to the climate screen every time I start the car.
- In my '14 I controlled the temp and fan from the right screen in the dash. Only phone and entertainment are options there now.
- The brake pedal throw seems long and not as strong as my '14.
- I wish they'd put some lighting in the garage door opener buttons. Black buttons are impossible to see at night in a black visor.
- The dealership did my first oil change(free) so I haven't done one yet but it looks like it'll be really easy.
- Sync 3 takes longer to start up than Sync 2 did.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome .. i had the 2016 SE 2.0 that was a nice well rounded car but it was slow.

the 2017 sport is fast and looks cooler and can take a lot more mods. although it is heavier and you can feel it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome Al. This is my third Fusion and I've loved every mile so far.

In my experience, the oil change was easy apart from two things.
1. The oil comes out with gusto. BOT_ROCKET described it as "THE OIL GUSHES OUT WITH ALL THE FURY OF H3LL!!!"
2. The tiny o-ring on the canister is hard to get off and even harder to get back on. I didn't use an OEM filter however, it might be easier.

Brake feel has also been a concern of mine. If you get all the way into the pedal the car will absolutely stop though. I've given myself whiplash accidentally.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake feel has also been a concern of mine. If you get all the way into the pedal the car will absolutely stop though. I've given myself whiplash accidentally.

The first time I drove my '14 (with 6 miles on it), I was startled at how strong the brakes were. They stayed that way after breakin. My Sport isn't that way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I to have slammed the brakes and thought I was gonna shoot out the window. Hey congrats and welcome u will love way more than previous years D/T the 2.7 l engine. See you in the rooms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts