Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
you can have one welded on for about 40 to 50 bucks , 1/8npt bung are about 7 bucks on summit racing ..

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I was told the longer the methanol has time to mix with the air the better and more consistent the mix will be so closer to the intercooler if possible ...

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I was told the longer the methanol has time to mix with the air the better and more consistent the mix will be so closer to the intercooler if possible ...
I guess I'd better do a bit more research before I take that plunge because that contradicts my own personal logic. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
The Guys at ProMeth have really helped me learn about how methanol works , they have a test car with clear intercooler pipes so they can see how it travels down the pipe under boost also they have found that 2 smaller jets will mix better then 1 larger jet and should be 12 inches or more from the throttle body as air speed is close to 200mph

·
Registered
288 Posts
My personal experience reinforces this. I had trouble with even distribution of the WMI between the front/rear banks when the jet was mounted in a TBS. Everything got better when I moved the jet 6-8” back from the TB. If got even better when I split the same ml/min between two jets (FMIC end tank and pre-TB).

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I suppose it's different when the fuel is only being injected at high flow rates, and condensation would only be able to happen briefly when the throttle closes. How combustible is meth? I guess my biggest concern would be turning that much of the intake into a fuel/air bomb, especially when the throttle closes and the mix flows back through the intercooler to the BOV.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Highly combustible

·
Registered
288 Posts
I suppose it's different when the fuel is only being injected at high flow rates, and condensation would only be able to happen briefly when the throttle closes. How combustible is meth? I guess my biggest concern would be turning that much of the intake into a fuel/air bomb, especially when the throttle closes and the mix flows back through the intercooler to the BOV.
[/QUOTE
I think I read somewhere you have to be around 70% methanol for flammability to start getting sketchy. But some people say 100% methanol is the way to go. I ran 100% for several thousand miles with lots of hard pulls during tuning with no ill effects. I’m sure someone else knows more than me about the odds of blowing something up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts