Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Insurance

18K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  maydk65 
#1 · (Edited)
For those who already purchased/leased a FFS how much did you insurance go up or down????

I called erie and they told me $1207.00 per year, but since I did not have a vin
it could be less.

**** and arm and leg on the insurance now, may have to look for another
company...

#3 ·
That seems reasonable. However, it all depends on your coverage selections and deductible limits.

I have tend to select the upper coverage limits, $500 Collision, $250 Comprehensive w/ $50 glass, Rental reimbursement at $30/day, I pay $643 for 6 months under progressive.

#4 ·
You would think that with all the safety stuffins's on the FFS that it would
insurance would be cheaper.

I guess they are taking a lot into considerations when it comes to the speed
of the FFS

#5 ·
I just got off the phone with Progressive (my policy holder) and I actually just got it lowered. Silly me, they didn't have my wife listed and married to me... saved me $300 on a 6 month policy! I've also been with Progressive for 11 years, so I get a slew of other discounts.

#8 ·
Well, I think the person said that it would be an increase of $300.00 per year, because I did
not have a vin, I will get a better ideal once I get the new car and have it
transferred over...

Reactions: 1153
#9 ·
Also asked my ins., Progressive, if there was a discount based on commute distance since I'm 2 mi from the office.

Said no, but you could put one of those data loggers in for x months or something and get a discount based on that.

No point in having a Sport with that tho!

#11 ·
I received a quote from progressive and the cost for 6 months
which was $374.00 for six months, so I will probably be changing
insurance companies.

#12 ·
Progressive has been great for me. I shop around every year, typically through an agent (friend of mine) and no one can touch the rates I'm getting. I got in an accident the day I got back from my honeymoon, 12k in damage to the 14' FuSE, and Progressive handled it with zero issues or snags.

#14 ·
We have Traveler's and I replaced my 2009 Fusion SE with the 2017 Fusion Sport. It was an increase of $98 per year. I expected an increase didn't think the it was that bad. I may shop around for rates, but I try to do that regularly anyway.

#18 ·
I had State Farm and they originally told me that my insurance was going to go up by $180 a year. A couple weeks later I got my updated policy info and it had gone up $550 a year. My old car was a '13 Sonata 2.0 turbo. Switched to Allstate now for $680 a year for even more coverage than I had before! 100/300/100 $500 deductible with every extra option available.

#20 ·
Geico, here! $ 620.00 for 6 months 100/300 .100 uninsured motorist, comp.250/ coll. 500 all the medical stuff, plus warranty stuff that the dealer warranty don't cover. Great people. It went up 89.00 from my 2016 Fusion SE. Erie wanted 750.00 for 6 mo. I am doing a defense driver course. that will give you a 10% discount... New York. Michigan had bad rates they force us to take PIP..I can't understand HOW people get away by not having any insurance but law enforcement is busting them all the time .

#31 ·
I'm paying about $1000/year living in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
However, I have the best coverage money can buy and I hope I never have to use it.
$2 Million coverage for everything: Liability, Accident benefits (major or minor injuries) Family Protection, $0 deductibles, Accident forgiveness, Rental car coverage, vehicle replacement, Guaranteed replacement of the car for the first 4 years (if stolen never recovered or total loss accident I get a brand new one or the same amount of money that I paid for, no depreciation)
The Accident benefits coverage if you go with the standard coverage you only get $65,000, I said no way, I want the best $2 Million.
If to have all that it's only costing me $300 more per year based on what everyone else is paying, I'll take it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.