Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I also wanted to add that when I first ordered and received my 09 Cobalt SS Turbo, its premium was average. The insurance company website even showed a SS Turbo going through a cone slalom/race course as the picture describing the vehicle. Then about 1 or 2 years later, the premium shot up for no reason. I think they realized it was a performance car and not a rental-level Cobalt. It's possible the Fusion Sport is now registering as a performance car (like others here are saying) when it wasn't initially. Because my premiums for the Fusion initially were about average, maybe slightly higher, but it is at the point that it's laughably about 2 times more than an Explorer.

My motorcycle registration and insurance is dirt cheap though. Only problem with motorcycle insurance is the stupid Michigan MCCA slush fund. The MCCA is easily 90% of the motorcycle premium. My registration is $23 a year.
Hi metroplex. Can't know how many rodeos you've been to without asking the questions.;)

Besides age (don't know how old you are), driving record, relationship status (single males under 35 pay substantially more than married, apples to apples), location etc, vehicle claims frequency/costs obviously come into play with different vehicles. Therefore, a new model like the Fusion Sport will often see minor or even major adjustments in rates once a claims history has been established.

Although that information does not help get your rates down, hopefully it may help others understand some of the factors affecting their rates. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Full coverage: $47 month, $500 Comprehensive, $500 Collision, rental reimbursement, towing coverage, but no glass. This is actually slightly less than what I was paying for my 2010 Sport. I think the Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking makes a large difference in the insurance costs.
That's what I get quoted pretty much for the 2020 Explorer ST and the base Explorer XLT.
Michigan is one of the highest in the US, plus we have the MCCA secret slush fund.

I'm not sure how Colorado compares. But I see you have a 2019 Fusion Sport, so you're probably into your 1st few insurance policy periods. My Fusion Sport was about the same for the first year. The following years saw a dramatic increase.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I pay $113 a month. Single, over 50, one car. 750 deduct. Clean record. Something else that effects the premium, believe or not, is you credit score.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts