Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Beep, Beep..

Darn, how do you delete a post on here???

Duplicate thread closed by user request. >This< thread may be used for further replies.

BOT_ROCKET

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good question tho, have the insurance companies caught on to what the Fusion Sport is? Or do they still think it's a regular Fusion when you get the quote?

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is no indication on my policy that it's anything other than a normal Fusion. When I was picking mine up, the saleswoman had to get on the phone with my insurance company to verify the policy, etc. The insurance rep said something like, "ok, so this this is a regular Fusion right?" presumably asking if it were a hybrid or not, and the saleswoman gets all excited and says "Oh, this is no regular Fusion!" and looks at me like I was supposed to think that was awesome. I thought she had just blown it for me but there didn't seem to be any added charge. It makes some sense; I think as far as they are concerned it's in the same category as a V6 Camry or Accord. Let's not tell them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's easy for them to tell from the VIN. I didn't tell my agent anything other than "Fusion," and when I got my new card it said "2017 Fusion Sport AWD." But I'm old and have a clean driving record, so auto insurance isn't a major budget item anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anybody encountered an insurance discount for the pedestrian detection / autonomous braking feature? It's part of ACC. State Farm doesn't, but I've heard that Liberty Mutual does.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's easy for them to tell from the VIN. I didn't tell my agent anything other than "Fusion," and when I got my new card it said "2017 Fusion Sport AWD." But I'm old and have a clean driving record, so auto insurance isn't a major budget item anyway.
Yes, my policy is the same, I just don't think that FS is any more expensive to insure due to it being a performance vehicle.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I had my insurance quote me on an SE, a Titanium and a Sport and the Sport was the same as the SE.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, my policy is the same, I just don't think that FS is any more expensive to insure due to it being a performance vehicle.
I don't think this is viewed as a performance vehicle in insurers' eyes. It's no more expensive that other Fusions (even less so than some) and has the EcoBoost that Ford has been doing for a while now, so that's not a flag. Also, with the V6 - this is found in other family sedans as well. There is an Accord Sport, but that's not a performance vehicle.

I wonder what the cutoff is, but it's not the Sport.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I bet pricing starts to change if the car is a coupe. Possibly may even change if it has a V8? Or if the OEM classifies the vehicle as a performance car.
I am not really too sure what the cutoff would be. I know an Evo, which has less power and torque, same number of doors, was about $25-30 more per month. I realize a part of that has to do with more expensive parts, but I think its mostly a stigma thing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm willing to bet it comes down to accidents with the Subaru, a lot of people, kids in particular, drive them like idiots... Just like a sport bike costs a **** of a lot more to insure than a cruiser (I have one of each), it's what they expect to cost more money long-term.

That said, I don't know that they can really go by turbo or supercharged anymore... They used to bump it up for a turbocharged car as they're typically more high-performance, but EVERYTHING is coming out with a turbo anymore for fuel economy.

I would say number of doors and age demographic make up the two main factors, with make / model and cost to repair said vehicle playing a lesser role.

My 2015 Passat TDI was more expensive to insure than the FuSpo is, but not by much.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Insurance is hard to compare due to all of the variables that can alter premiums.

My ~$435/6 months is reasonable as I have some higher coverages and add-ons.

Also looks like insurance companies are not considering this a true "sports" car when underwriting it, which helps immensely.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Brace yourselves for this number... $1134 for six months.

You still with me? So that's the number my current company (State Auto) quoted me, since my new policy will be in my name, and not a rider on my parents...

THE SINGLE LARGEST INDICATOR IS AGE. At 23, turning 24 in December, I'm pretty well screwed when it comes to insurance, regardless of my (clean) record or the car I buy.

That being said, I obviously decided to shop around, and for the same maxed-out coverage that I currently have, the lowest quote I got was from Geico, with a much more reasonable $539 for six months.

I considered getting more middle of the road coverage, but quite frankly, if/when I need it, I don't want to have to worry about anything not being covered completely, otherwise, whats the point of insurance!?

That is, if I ever actually get my friggin car...

·
Registered
430 Posts
My insurance on my loaded 2017 Fusion Sport is 30% less than my 2 month old 2016 Ford Focus Titanium (Not ST).
No complaints here.

Description has "Sport V6"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.