Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question when lowering our car.
So I finally installed springs today, and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree when I started it. No hill start assist, service advance trac, check parking aid, no ABS, no pre-collision alert, no traction control or advance track.

Anyone else have this happen? Ideas on what to check?
I only unplugged the 2 connectors in each front strut and double checked that they are in fact connected.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey guys, quick question when lowering our car.
So I finally installed springs today, and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree when I started it. No hill start assist, service advance trac, check parking aid, no ABS, no pre-collision alert, no traction control or advance track.

Anyone else have this happen? Ideas on what to check?
I only unplugged the 2 connectors in each front strut and double checked that they are in fact connected.

Thanks
Hey @Sknz5 I'd definitely start by pulling DTCs and see what it's showing. That sounds like a lot of systems getting errors and bailing. My guess is you'll see a lot of communication failed but hopefully something else will be in there along with that to give you some sort of handle on what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You need to adjust the level sensors at each wheel.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there instructions on how to do this somewhere? I have searched but couldn't find anything. This is the first car I have ever lowered 🤣🤣

·
Registered
118 Posts
For what its worth, I didn't need to do anything with my ride height sensors. The car seemed to figure it out without doing anything special.

Regarding your errors, no idea what could have caused that. Maybe puling the battery for a bit and resetting everything could help?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies guys! @Engineer , I took it to a shop and got it scanned. My right front wheel speed sensor was not connected tight enough. Soo it turns out I'm just on idiot. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks again everyone

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys! @Engineer , I took it to a shop and got it scanned. My right front wheel speed sensor was not connected tight enough. Soo it turns out I'm just on idiot. 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks again everyone
Hi @Sknz5 ,

I don't believe that for even an instant. :cool: You're gonna have to try a lot harder to convince me of that!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi @Sknz5 ,

I don't believe that for even an instant. :cool: You're gonna have to try a lot harder to convince me of that!
I was planning to get it scanned. I was just scared it was worse and was looking for options. Thanks again!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is how she looks now

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Wow what a gorgeous FFS. Seriously that should make you proud!

BTW I always keep Torque Pro on my phone, and I always keep a cheapo bluetooth OBDII dongle in the car at all times, everywhere I go. I have my Torque Pro set up so as soon as I plug in the adapter it starts data logging, but you can also read and clear DTCs with it, which has come in handy more than once (most recently the other night while my wife and I were driving back from seeing family and I popped that P0088 code). I highly recommend some sort of setup like that, either that or just a cheap OBDII reader, but I find the little $5 bluetooth adapter is something I don't worry about leaving in the car no matter where I am.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: 19sport

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow what a gorgeous FFS. Seriously that should make you proud!

BTW I always keep Torque Pro on my phone, and I always keep a cheapo bluetooth OBDII dongle in the car at all times, everywhere I go. I have my Torque Pro set up so as soon as I plug in the adapter it starts data logging, but you can also read and clear DTCs with it, which has come in handy more than once (most recently the other night while my wife and I were driving back from seeing family and I popped that P0088 code). I highly recommend some sort of setup like that, either that or just a cheap OBDII reader, but I find the little $5 bluetooth adapter is something I don't worry about leaving in the car no matter where I am.
I do actually have the OBDLink MX+ that I keep in the car and have torque pro on my phone. I use them for most things. But for some reason it was not really reading any codes, I used FORscan on my laptop and got about 13 codes that came up. Figured take it to someone who could narrow it down

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I see you're tuned. If you use an sct x4, it reads cides and gives you a description of each code. I'm sure other devices do the same as well, but the x4 is the only one I've used.

·
Registered
2017 Blue Lightning
52 Posts
I see you're tuned. If you use an sct x4, it reads cides and gives you a description of each code. I'm sure other devices do the same as well, but the x4 is the only one I've used.
I'm definitely not happy with the GTX tuner. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If I don't drive the car for a week or so, it drains the battery. I unplugged it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Phone app?
Yeah it's a phone app, I just leave my cheapo adapter in the car 24/7 and I always can pull codes with my phone, data log, whatever. It's convenient. :cool:

I was hoping that might help you in your situation, to try something like that, depending on what you need from it.

The gauges showing in the pic aren't all reporting because the car was off but everything on there works. That's my own gauge layout there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts