Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know how u feel , I remember when I drove after my first tune on this car. I just got a new tune and from the datalog I sent in to Torrie and my car is like a rocket now. It was fast before and everything is better now especially the shifts hard and crisp.

Reactions: lightningken

·
Registered
127 Posts
Reading all of these reviews makes me want a tune so badly. Unleashed vs livernois is what my challenge is.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the new tune! I almost purchased during Unleashed's Memorial Day sale, but decided to push the decision off a little longer.

Reading all of these reviews makes me want a tune so badly. Unleashed vs livernois is what my challenge is.
Yup, it's a difficult decision - both are well respected and you really can't go wrong with either choice. I like the device options for Unleashed, but I think there is something to Livernois's choice to move to their current device.

I think the decision (for me) will be driven by the level of support Livernois shows for our platform. If it's a similar level of dyno-proven add ons like the SHO, I'll probably go down the more expensive road, but enjoy simplicity and peace of mind. But if that doesn't materialize, then Unleashed will probably get my business, since making changes to support various 3rd party parts will be easier.

Reactions: Oxford

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just installed the 93 octane tune from Unleashed and took a little test drive. All I can say is holy ****! Can't believe what a difference it is.

I've never tuned a car, I would like to see the difference. Anything you could point me toward to educate me?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dlm1984 u said the simplicity of livernois. Just so u know they are both the same plug in and go. But with Unleashed you at least have the opportunity to log and fine tune if u so desire.

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Banned
249 Posts
Dlm1984 u said the simplicity of livernois. Just so u know they are both the same plug in and go. But with Unleashed you at least have the opportunity to log and fine tune if u so desire.
yeah I like the simplicity of logging, email torrie, "hey can you adjust this, maybe that. I installed a new FMIC and exhaust" and then getting the tune for those mods. I've always thought Livernois was blanket tunes. Don't know if they do individual updates for people, without logging it's just guess work on there end.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I guess I should elaborate on what I meant with the simplicity comment.

AFAIK if you want to get more than basic corrections for mainstream mods, Livernois wants you to get the car to their shop for further tuning.

However, if they provide SHO level support (IE producing exhaust, downpipes, 3 bar sensor, CAI, intercooler? etc), it covers the basics that I'd be considering. I expect they would have an excellent idea of how the car would respond to each of their products. They're not cheap, but the decision process would be simple. Want an exhaust? Buy Livernois and select the appropriate tuner option. Downpipes? Same thing.

No having to choose between a couple products and reading a bunch of sometimes conflicting or incomplete info. Just buy ($$$), install, update tune and enjoy. Simplicity. . .

If they don't produce those products, then Unleashed is the way to go, IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm I'm at 750 miles.....already have an X4 from my mustang with MPT tunes so all I need is the tune files, thought you had to wait a few thousand miles before tuning to break in?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pinky - How many miles are you at now? Any issues or concerns so far since the tune?

·
Registered
552 Posts
4500 miles now. No problems at all with the tune. Had to go back to the dealer a couple of times, and it's quick and easy to put it back to stock. Plus, my gas mileage actually went up a little with the tune.

Win-Win bro. Just do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with your break-in philosophy. Use it for what it was made to do, but don't abuse it. As for 93 Unleashed, just done it -- I'll be there before 700 miles are on the clock. Thanks for the encouragement -- not that I needed any. I may have a problem, truth be told. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes, keep your eyes open for sales. Go to Unleashed site and sign up for email alerts.

I just got the e-mail today for their Labor Day Sale:

SCT X4 with 2 Custom Tunes included $399 + Free Ground Shipping. Just choose 2 Custom Tunes from the drop down box and the savings are calculated automatically. Use Coupon Code OX10KR04YV

Other items on sale also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts