Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the hood strut kit and strut tower bar from Steeda for my '17 Fusion Sport. Total install time was less than 20 mins. I had a hood strut kit in my Mazda 6 and liked not having to use the hood prop rod.

All the components were well made and the paint on all the components look like they'll stand up to New England winters well. I highly recommend both to anyone interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
cldfusion77,

Could you leave the part #'s and location were you purchased
these items??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
cldfusion77,

Could you leave the part #'s and location were you purchased
these items??

Thanks
Guessing they were bought straight through Steeda. There are several other posts with links directly to what is needed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ordered the parts and now just awaiting....

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have my parts, just waiting on my car to arrive lol. Train broke down in Kansas so it is delayed a week or so.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Installed mine today. Getting the hood aligned was a little tricky though.

Did mine a few weeks back and had the same problem with hood alignment,
but all is well now...

·
Registered
481 Posts
How does the STB feel? I'm considering this since its a cheap easy mod to install.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I would have to disagree with Ike. I was taking corners pretty hard, and I could feel the front wheels almost feel like they were pulling away from each other. Once I added the brace, I don't get that feeling anymore. Does it turn your car into a cornering master? No. But if you take corners hard, before and after, you will notice the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts