Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my own homelink since the guy who took my order did not select the sunroof option, I felt the visor and realized the visor had the indentations already there to install one so I ordered a Homelink off ebay for $35, I really didn't want a sunroof anyways so I saved myself $1000:D Just wanted homelink.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No, it is 12v and i had to tap into the lights on the mirror inside the visor. Ford has been using the same visor setup for a while my 2008 f150 has kinda the same setup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is where I soldered in the 2 wires, to make it easier i'd probably just use scotch lock (Although I really hate them) there wasn't much room to tape the wires up.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great job! I did this on my '13 Taurus but it didn't go back together the best. I also got one for my wife's '11 Escape but I haven't attempted to install it yet. The hardest part for me was finding black ones, the tan color is everywhere but it seemed that (at the time I got mine) black was very hard to find.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I did this within the month I got my car. Found one on ebay for under $20. So much better than a separate remote.

Reactions: lawolf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great job! I did this on my '13 Taurus but it didn't go back together the best. I also got one for my wife's '11 Escape but I haven't attempted to install it yet. The hardest part for me was finding black ones, the tan color is everywhere but it seemed that (at the time I got mine) black was very hard to find.
There were only a few black ones... as they come out of wrecked cars... I don't understand why you can't just purchase the module seperate brand new, you can buy a whole visor from ford for $400ish but I figured I'd try this first for $35.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Curious how the visor cloth held up to being torn apart and put back together?

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it was the same as my Taurus (which I suspect as the case) the cloth is just held in by teeth at the edge of the visor. All you need to do it pry it apart a little (not too much, which was my issue when I first tried it) and you can kinda push the cloth in a little and release it from the teeth. Then just shove it back in when you are done. I think I found a video when I did mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes there are just teeth that the cloth pulls out from it, it is a little different than the visors i have pulled apart that come completely in half. You just spread the half apart enough to pull the cloth out. Once your ready to put the cloth back in your spread the teeth back apart and push cloth back in...

here is a video of a f150 that has the same concept. Start at about 2:10

https://youtu.be/WC4KEkxC6zQ?t=2m5s

Mine wasn't sewn in I just had to pull it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts