Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i purchased and installed the Turbosmart BOV, couldn't stand the electrical BOV it would occasionally stay open and not close on acceleration causing my car to have no boost. Since installing the mechanical BOV I have not had the issue.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
When I was VTA, I've noticed several times its was venting as I was accelerating. Curious if you have the issues Dave mentions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. How does it actuate mechanically and you haven't thrown a code by not having the stock unit plugged in?
It runs off of vacuum where the MAP sensor port is. So under boost and closed throttle it'll purge so instead of the computer telling it when to purge it does it truly off trapped boost pressure with the vacuum line seen running to the top.

I wonder if the BOV CEL Defender Plug thats used on the Ecoboost mustang would work..
Yeah no CEL been running it for two weeks now. Turbosmart includes the plug in with their BOV.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Makes sense. The mechanical style was how they did it back in the day on a factory turbo car. Nice that it comes with the plug. It re-circs, right? So, no PSHHH?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense. The mechanical style was how they did it back in the day on a factory turbo car. Nice that it comes with the plug. It re-circs, right? So, no PSHHH?
No I got the one that VTA. They have a full recirculating one and a 50/50 one.

·
Banned
249 Posts
as long as you don't buy the plumb back version you get the PSHHHHHH

·
Registered
405 Posts
With the boomba racing bov adapter, ive found that on the highway, if i give it a little gas then hold it, i can keep the bov open causing a constant release as im driving.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the boomba racing bov adapter, ive found that on the highway, if i give it a little gas then hold it, i can keep the bov open causing a constant release as im driving.
Yeah that used to happen with me, for what ever reason the electronic valve is getting a signal to open. Now I haven't had that problem since it opens and closes only when there's trapped boost pressure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got my adapter and put it on today. Honestly it's a little too much for me. It makes me want to drive like and old lady. If I leave it on I'll likely get better fuel economy trying to avoid the loud psshhhh every time I leave a light lol. I bought it expecting not to like it though.

Reactions: Magnetic and 1153

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just got my adapter and put it on today. Honestly it's a little too much for me. It makes me want to drive like and old lady. If I leave it on I'll likely get better fuel economy trying to avoid the loud psshhhh every time I leave a light lol. I bought it expecting not to like it though.
if its going off every time you leave a light your getting on it hard every light lol. The boomba adapter doesnt go off ever if your not on it. Every time i drive it and am driving "normal" it never goes off lol.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm liking my VTA. It only blows when I let off a hard accel. It also blows a little during a hard accel from first to second. Other than that, it's quiet. Almost surprises me when I do hear it.
Im wondering if that's one of the differences between tunes and how long it holds boost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's where the set up plugs in. I dialed in my BOV to a harder setting (compressed the spring) so it take more boost to actually get it to vent and it doesn't vent as often and since it's holding more boost it feels like it gets back on power faster not sure how much it's actually holding since I haven't installed a boost gauge yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there any chance of back spinning the turbos with holding more pressure in the charge pipe while the revs drop?
Two weeks now and no issues. You would probably have to be running some insane amount of boost for that to happen. We will see what it looks like once I get my aem gauge installed, tuned and water meth.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Did you adjust the firmness of the BOV or just install it out of the box which should be right in the middle of hard and soft.
Or did you try and set by revs and the idle? Just curious of how to set it up to hold more boost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you adjust the firmness of the BOV or just install it out of the box which should be right in the middle of hard and soft.
Or did you try and set by revs and the idle? Just curious of how to set it up to hold more boost.
adjust firmness and threw a heavier spring in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts