Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased Ford Perimeter Plus (KN1Z-19A361-A) for my 19 Sport. After I bought it, I had to use Google to find the installation manual (I assume it is expected to have the dealer install it). When I was looking it up, I read something that said this was the latest/updated module. In regards to features I don't know what that means, but when I look it up by part number I get 2021 Bronco in a Ford Accessory 3rd party store.
I had previously asked the dealer questions, and when I picked it up the dealer confirmed it was plug and play. Meaning if you don't need the remote start features, it just works. Reading the manual it did explain a learning process for the vehicle, with a confirmation of the doors locking and unlocking. I didn't try the sensor before completing the learning process and do not know if it was necessary (Should have Tried it first to know), but did receive the locking/unlocking confirmation.
Only issue I had found was that the bump sensor was maxed out by default, and only the 2nd stage was working until I turned it down (wasn't really an issue). One nice side note to this was one of the bump sensor tests I completed when adjusting the sensitivity, I pressed the wrong button on the remote to turn off the alarm (lock instead of unlock and pressed and tried it a few times). It was long enough for the alarm to be on for the car to send a message to Ford. Ford Pass then alerted me to the car alarm detecting an impact. That was an unexpected feature. :)

Has anyone else purchased the Alarm upgrade? Curious to know if 17s, and 18s also receive the FordPass bump alert.

Note - I checked on a 3rd Ford Part Accessories Website compatibility checker, and it said it wasn't compatible with 2017 or 2018 Fusions.
Putting in the specific model years on https://accessories.ford.com/
If you are going to buy, before you do, please check the website compatibility checker to confirm I didn't copy/paste the wrong model year/part number.
2017 - FT4Z-19A361-A
2018 - JS7Z-19A361-A
2019 - KN1Z-19A361-A

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
As long as the car has SYNC Connect, yes it'll send the alert to Ford & FordPass. It was optional on '17 & '18 Fusions. Even without the perimeter plus kit, the cars will send a similar alert when the standard perimeter alarm has been activated. Not sure what happens if a non-SYNC/FordPass Connect car is connected to WiFi tho - I'd be surprised if it sent alerts that way.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as the car has SYNC Connect, yes it'll send the alert to Ford & FordPass. It was optional on '17 & '18 Fusions. Even without the perimeter plus kit, the cars will send a similar alert when the standard perimeter alarm has been activated. Not sure what happens if a non-SYNC/FordPass Connect car is connected to WiFi tho - I'd be surprised if it sent alerts that way.
I have seen the alerts when my wife opened her car door while the alarm was on, but car wasn't locked???... (not sure how that happened).
I was just surprised that the Alarm alert actually reported the Alarm as an impact ("Fusion Sport's security system has detected a shock to the vehicle and triggered the alarm") and not as just saying the Alarm was triggered. I didn't expect it to be so specific.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have seen the alerts when my wife opened her car door while the alarm was on, but car wasn't locked???... (not sure how that happened).
I was just surprised that the Alarm alert actually reported the Alarm as an impact ("Fusion Sport's security system has detected a shock to the vehicle and triggered the alarm") and not as just saying the Alarm was triggered. I didn't expect it to be so specific.
That's pretty cool about the impact alarm!

On the opening the door while the alarm is on though, you can do that by locking the car while a window is down, then reaching in and opening the door from the inside. The alarm will go off, and it'll send an alert to your FordPass about the intrusion.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty cool about the impact alarm!

On the opening the door while the alarm is on though, you can do that by locking the car while a window is down, then reaching in and opening the door from the inside. The alarm will go off, and it'll send an alert to your FordPass about the intrusion.
My wife somehow opened her Explorer's door while the alarm was still active while the key was in her pocket. I think it was a fluke... But in any case I received the alert on my phone and called her asking if she also received the alert/what happened.

I have heard that....
People were stealing Fusions by breaking the rear windshield, climbing in to the driver's seat, pressing the gear release switch (basically put the car in neutral, mostly used for/if the car doesn't have power) and rolling it onto a flat bed truck. As the doors were never opened the alarm never goes off.
I don't actually know the proper name for the gear release switch (so someone please correct me) and haven't looked for it on my Sport. But on my Energi it was in the arm rest storage compartment. Small hole facing the gear shifter that if you put the key into would press a switch putting the car in neutral.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My wife somehow opened her Explorer's door while the alarm was still active while the key was in her pocket. I think it was a fluke... But in any case I received the alert on my phone and called her asking if she also received the alert/what happened.

I have heard that....
People were stealing Fusions by breaking the rear windshield, climbing in to the driver's seat, pressing the gear release switch (basically put the car in neutral, mostly used for/if the car doesn't have power) and rolling it onto a flat bed truck. As the doors were never opened the alarm never goes off.
I don't actually know the proper name for the gear release switch (so someone please correct me) and haven't looked for it on my Sport. But on my Energi it was in the arm rest storage compartment. Small hole facing the gear shifter that if you put the key into would press a switch putting the car in neutral.
I think with ours you can do that by pressing the sport button maybe, I'd have to look at the manual to say for sure but I know what you mean, it's that mode where the parking gear disengages. That's another good reason to always get in the habit of hitting your parking brake when you get out of the car. It's really easy on ours because it's electronic, so when you get back in the car to start driving you don't even need to think about it, the car just shuts it off as soon as you start to move. But someone without the key couldn't turn the car on, so the brake wouldn't disengage if I remember right.

Of course that still wouldn't stop them from climbing under the car and manually disengaging the brakes I guess. With enough time and privacy, someone determined could steal just about any car, but I think it's a good idea to set your parking brake anyway. Someone at my work had their car cut loose one day (it was in park but didn't have the parking brake set) and roll down a hill, hitting two other cars on the way down. So I'm pretty careful about that.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the key hole that puts it in neutral but didn't try it to confirm. Out and about. I would assume but do not know if it also releases the parking brake... That's a good question Engineer.

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is in addition into putting the car in neutral and pressing the S button.
Just looked it up in the manual.
Brake-Shift Interlock Override
On page 168
It warns you to take the car to the dealership asap after using it. So I guess I won't try it after all 😂.
Only to be used if battery died or electrical failure used to override transmission from the Park position. Apply brake and turn off vehicle before attempting.

Warning. Do not attempt until after you read the manual and understand the risks. ⚠

It's a bit more serious then I thought... But still. Heard fusions were being stolen using it...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
This is in addition into putting the car in neutral and pressing the S button.
Just looked it up in the manual.
Brake-Shift Interlock Override
On page 168
It warns you to take the car to the dealership asap after using it. So I guess I won't try it after all 😂.
Only to be used if battery died or electrical failure used to override transmission from the Park position. Apply brake and turn off vehicle before attempting.

Warning. Do not attempt until after you read the manual and understand the risks. ⚠

It's a bit more serious then I thought... But still. Heard fusions were being stolen using it...
Yeah that's scary wording :LOL:

I actually was a little surprised anyone would really try to steal a Fusion. I didn't think they were anything someone would really want to steal. I have a few settings on my cars to protect them, like the Secure Idle and so forth, but I just didn't figure the Fusion would be in much demand. And nobody even knows what an FFS is unless they own one, usually. So ours in particular aren't any more attractive to the average thief than a Fusion S probably, I would imagine. Interesting that they are a target sometimes though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts