Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm starting my search for tires. I'm kinda looking for opinions with those that raced with heavy cars. Obviously traction is #1 but I'm also looking for good tire wear. Now I've had direzzas zII's, they were great. Hankook v12's not so great. I hear good things about the super sports.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had nitto invo's on my s4 that I loved, had Bridgestone potezza's on before that that were ok. They were better than all seasons but I wouldn't buy them again.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm currently running Invos on the back of my stang and they are a good tire for the price. BUT, the best summer tire is the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Bad thing is I don't think they make them in a 235, but if you're out for traction I'd think about a 275 and a wider wheel.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently running Invos on the back of my stang and they are a good tire for the price. BUT, the best summer tire is the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Bad thing is I don't think they make them in a 235, but if you're out for traction I'd think about a 275 and a wider wheel.
Well I'm looking to use my ST wheels for the time being. I might squeeze a 245 but I gotta see if I can get a taller tire. The stock wheels are stupid heavy, so they are gonna be just for daily use.

My buddy had the Invos. Grip was awesome but they wore out fast.(M3)

Reactions: V8FlatHead

·
Registered
263 Posts
I swapped the stock all seasons that came with the car for Conti Extreme DW 245 45 19 and love them. They were on close out from Tire Rack for $139 ea.
I ran the Dunlop Direzzas on my Focus St and were great for about 15,000m, but then started to roar on the highway.
However, I still think Michelin Pilot Sports are the way to go, regardless of price.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@mantra1 those dw's from what I heard were good tires in 1/4 mile. Buddy had them and ran some good times. I just thought they stopped selling them.

·
Registered
868 Posts
My favorite tire so far Michelin PSS. Redonkulous grip. Not sure how wear was since I was running summer/winter tires so it was hard to gauge.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I swapped the stock all seasons that came with the car for Conti Extreme DW 245 45 19 and love them. They were on close out from Tire Rack for $139 ea.
I ran the Dunlop Direzzas on my Focus St and were great for about 15,000m, but then started to roar on the highway.
However, I still think Michelin Pilot Sports are the way to go, regardless of price.
The DW tires are great. I abused a set with the Cobra on tail of the dragon. They held tight to the road.

Only upgrade from those would be the Pilot super sport.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The DW tires are great. I abused a set with the Cobra on tail of the dragon. They held tight to the road.

Only upgrade from those would be the Pilot super sport.
The tail of the dragon will put every tire to its test. I plan on ripping down it in about a month on my trip to the gulf shores.

Attachments

Reactions: 1153
1 - 11 of 11 Posts