Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am paying $1K more for a fusion sport without a moon roof than it would have cost me if I had just bought one with a moon roof from my dealer. I didn't want a moon roof, but EVERY fusion sport in the area had one. So I had to transfer one 300+ miles and flip that bill, plus the dealer who had it didn't want to let it go. Hopefully when it gets here next week I'll quickly forget about what I overpayed.

Why no moon roof:
1. I'm tall, I wanted the headroom back that the moon roof stole from me
2. I felt it was a sin to add top weight to such a performance engine

But I guess I am in the minority when I look at dealer stock. I didn't have time to wait to do a factory order, that would have saved me even more.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sometimes you pay for extra options, and sometimes you pay extra to eliminate them. As long as you end up with what you really want, that's all that matters in the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes you pay for extra options, and sometimes you pay extra to eliminate them. As long as you end up with what you really want, that's all that matters in the end.
This is it. I also hate moonroofs and most of the time have to custom order as I usually like my cars fully loaded. The reality is that such customers usually want the roof.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I would have kept that grand and gone and picked it up myself.:D
I want the base car (want my full size tach and hate lack of buttons) with the upgraded
audio, but you can't get it that way.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm a moonroof kind of guy... I'm 6'3'' so my head just sticks out the top. It tends to get a bit chilly in the winter, but I have a birds eye view of everything in front of me.

Trust me, once you get in, sit down, and drive it off the dealer lot, you'll quickly forget you paid anything.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I mean, I don't think it's a bad thing to drop some extra bucks to get exactly what you want. If you were to have saved that $1000 and gotten the one with the moonroof, you would've felt like more of an idiot lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I drove 350 miles each way to get the spec I wanted, including no moonroof. I feel you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like sunroofs. Won't buy a Golf R because they aren't available with one. But choice should always be the watchword.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No moonroof for me, I never open them and I hate the idea of cutting a bunch of rigidity out of the roof of my car...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm not much for having a moonroof myself, but when I found the EXACT build I wanted, side the moonroof, and they gave me a better deal on the model with the moonroof than my local dealers could do without one, I pulled the trigger.

The only thing I'll really use is the garage door opener buttons from it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts