Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm happy to find that this car has a forum already to support those that have already purchased or ordered. I have been in talks with dealers for a week to order a 2017 Sport. Here are the specs:

Lightning Blue
Moonroof
Cooled seats
Drivers assist package

Fully built MSRP $39,465, after discounts $34,600.

Thoughts on this price? Am I missing any crucial options?

Eric

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're all factory rebates through Ford. I forget the breakdown but total for leasing is $2750.00

Eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting. I'm only seeing $1250 when I price one on Ford.com. Even that's more than I expected on a (lightly) refreshed car (Fusion) or a new model (Sport)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm happy to find that this car has a forum already to support those that have already purchased or ordered. I have been in talks with dealers for a week to order a 2017 Sport. Here are the specs:

Lightning Blue
Moonroof
Cooled seats
Drivers assist package

Fully built MSRP $39,465, after discounts $34,600.

Thoughts on this price? Am I missing any crucial options?

Eric
Do you mind me asking what the monthly lease payment is coming out to? I am hoping for a 36 month, $0 cap cost reduction, 10,000 mile a year lease with same options as yours plus adaptive cruise and 401a, but minus the moonroof for about $350 a month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since you're ordering driver's assist, you probably want adaptive cruise as well.
Yeah, I have the old version of the adaptive cruise in my Edge and it's some of the best money I've ever spent. So much less stress while driving. If you don't get annoyed on the freeway you probably don't need it.

I haven't tried the new version with "stop and go" (yet) but it's sure to be awesome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Something you DON'T want: If you have a smartphone, the nav is going to be a huge waste of money. Use Apple CarPlay or AndroidAuto with Waze or Google Maps for free, with real time traffic and continuous updates. Assuming the Sync 3 nav is still Navtec like the older generation, updates cost you $150.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is it allowed to post what one pays for the car, leased or purchased: down payment and monthly payment, etc.?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, I have the old version of the adaptive cruise in my Edge and it's some of the best money I've ever spent. So much less stress while driving. If you don't get annoyed on the freeway you probably don't need it.

I haven't tried the new version with "stop and go" (yet) but it's sure to be awesome.
It also includes pedestrian detection and autonomous braking, which is required for its "Top Safety Pick+" designation for 2017. You can configure how aggressive it is or turn it off altogether.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a lot of these features in my truck and I have never used them. I also have never used cruise control in my life. I like drivers assist for the app features like starting the car from the app, etc.

I've got two dealer quotes but they're on 12,000 miles, 3 years. Sign and drive. $34,600 cap cost.

Dealer 1: 411/month
Dealer 2: 399/month

Subtract about 12/month for 10,500 miles on 3years.

Thanks for the feedback. More welcome.

Eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a lot of these features in my truck and I have never used them. I also have never used cruise control in my life. I like drivers assist for the app features like starting the car from the app, etc.

I've got two dealer quotes but they're on 12,000 miles, 3 years. Sign and drive. $34,600 cap cost.

Eric
The $12/month difference between the two dealers makes me think dealer 2 is quoting you for 10,500 miles

·
Registered
37 Posts

Eric
Nice. So I'm in the ballpark. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Something you DON'T want: If you have a smartphone, the nav is going to be a huge waste of money. Use Apple CarPlay or AndroidAuto with Waze or Google Maps for free, with real time traffic and continuous updates. Assuming the Sync 3 nav is still Navtec like the older generation, updates cost you $150.

What if you lose cell service and your cell phone does not work? Also, you have to plug the phone in to the USB port every time. You can't Bluetooth. I'll stick with integrated nav.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So your saying when tethering, phone audio switches from BT to USB as well then. Makes sense just hadened though it through b4. Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
What if you lose cell service and your cell phone does not work? Also, you have to plug the phone in to the USB port every time. You can't Bluetooth. I'll stick with integrated nav.
As far as I can tell, in order to use carplay you have to plug into the USB. However, if you use AndroidAuto it can be Bluetooth, supposedly. So far I have just used the sync 3 Pandora app, and it works great over BT with my android phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Currently for CarPlay or AndroidAuto you have to be plugged into USB, yes. For some apps (like Pandora, or other streaming music) bluetooth is fine. Google has announced that Android Auto will be fully wireless at some point, but it's unknown if this will make it to Sync 3. I'm going to be optimistic and hope it does.

I understand wanting standalone Nav; but for me the value just isn't there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As far as I can tell, in order to use carplay you have to plug into the USB. However, if you use AndroidAuto it can be Bluetooth, supposedly. So far I have just used the sync 3 Pandora app, and it works great over BT with my android phone.
Future version of both CarPlay and Android Auto will allow this but speeds over Bluetooth aren't good enough yet, nor is audio quality for that matter.

In regards to what you said earlier about cell service, your phone has a GPS chip and shouldn't be affected, turn by turn may lag. You can also download rather large areas on Google maps for offline use if you're worried about that. Plugging your phone in may sound tasking, but it will also charge it and prevent you from using it while driving, except for on the fusions touchscreen, as the screen goes black while Android Auto is active. Google's maps are easier to read, use and update. The interface of AA looks better, Google's voice assistant is better and also has learned from you using it before and the app is run off your phone hardware so it should be very smooth.

Disclaimer: I'm a bit of an Android phone junkie and have been waiting to get Android Auto in a car since it was first rumored. I'm also more than happy to answer anyone's questions about it. I worked at Apple for a while and know a bit about CarPlay as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the post, that's very informative. I hope the Apple CarPlay is helpful.

I hope I don't regret leaving off Navi and Adaptive cruise.

I found out what the extra 12 bucks is from $411 to $399, it was an extra $500 off for a separate dealer rebate which brought the price down to $34,100 cap cost.

Eric

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hope I don't regret leaving off Navi and Adaptive cruise.
Just my thoughts on adaptive cruise . . . 30 or 40 years ago cruise was very useful out on the highway, especially in the tragic days of the 55 mph nationwide speed limit in the '70s. Used to drive back and forth between Chicago and Denver -- painful. Over the years, the increase in traffic density has made conventional cruise less and less useful. Adaptive cruise makes it useful again -- or at least that's what I expect. It also adds some other semi-autonomous features that I'm looking forward to checking out - carefully. Might keep me restrained a bit during the break-in period, if they ever get my car off the train.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts