Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anybody have these?

I have them on my FS and when purchased the dealer tech had never seen them before so there was some confusion on the installation process. My question is do they change color when you change your ambient light setting, i.e. Green, Ice, Red, Purple?

Mine are basically single color ICE and do not change. I would think they would mirror ambient lighting color.

Does anybody have access to the installation instructions? I would like to confirm installation and correct if it was done incorrectly?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think they change either. I have my ambient lighting on the dark blue but when I get in my car before turning on the ignition it is ice blue then changes. Also they probably aren't wired with the ambient lights, just to a power source.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have them on my '10 Mustang, and they are only ice blue, no matter what color I change to. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, there was quite a bit of confusion about them at the dealer. So much that it held up the pick up of the car for an extra two days. I assumed that they were single color but my sales guy was confused and kept talking about needing Ambient lighting to work properly and how my car didn't have it. When he walked us back into the shop to take a peak at the car while they were installing dealer items I showed him it did indeed have ambient lighting. This conversation lead me to believe that they could possibly change with the ambient lighting changes. Their main tech was out and I had to wait 2 extra day before they finished the install.

While I haven't found a set of installation instructions yet I have seen several thread around the web talking about self install on other models. Apparently these sills get their power from behind the overhead console. There are a few mentions here and there about ambient lighting but nobody every says or post pics of sills in any other color than Ice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the dealership install mine (They threw them in to close the sale). The service manager said that they had to take the dash apart to install them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
They had me in a 2016 Mustang rental and i noticed those sill plates matched the picked interior setting.

I called the service writer and asked why mine don't match, he said they don't.

Lame.

But luckily my favorite color is blue..so it doesn't matter that much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts