Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Went LED mode lately.

Puddle lights, license plates, reverse lights and added LED trunk lighting.

The trunk LED strips I got on amazon for like $8

Looks nice. Hopefully they prove to be of better quality than the English translation/spelling on the box.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
@ike you gonna tint it?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ike you gonna tint it?
I don't think I'll be tinting it. It's a work car that I'll occasionally be delivering clients around in, so don't really want to look/feel gangsterish when meeting them! LOL

Just put in my all-weather trunk mat / liner. Got it on amazon for $80. Happy with the fit and finish. It will do the job.

Trunk LED's are like daytime at night! BRIGHT! Also really happy with the puddle lights. They are really bright, too.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Finally made the chrome on the grille disappear today! Along with the help of some Lompoc C-Note IPA.

The vinyl "tape" I used was shadowline matte black. Turns out it's just Avery Dennison tape. So I probably paid a premium but they have good service, so w/e. Few wrinkles in the corners. Those angles are tough! But it definitely passes the 5ft test.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also trying to figure out what to do about the rear chrome strip. Did some ghetto test fitting of some 3M Di-Noc CA-1170 gloss black carbon fiber vinyl I had laying around. I think I'm going to give it a shot with the rest of the leftovers I have.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I really like the trunk LEDs. Would you care to elaborate on the installation of those?

I am also looking to improve upon the standard, 9 speaker stereo system in my FuSpo. Since you have the Sony system, would you be kind enough to post or send me photos of the top and bottom sides of the rear package shelf? The standard stereo system has no speakers back there. I wanted to get a better idea of what kind of speakers are in the rear package shelf on that system and what the speaker grilles look like on the top side. I was thinking of going to a local stereo shop to see what they might recommend I put back there as far as speakers and an amp.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So as I had some 3M di-noc gloss black carbon fiber around from a project about 5 years ago as noted above and I figured what the heck, might as well...

Tools:
Wrap
Xacto knife
Plastic squeegee
Hair dryer

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the trunk LEDs. Would you care to elaborate on the installation of those?
Sure, I just tapped into the single trunk light wire that was already there. Figured out which was + and - with a multi-meter and ran the wires above the metal trunk cage. The strips themselves attached with included double sided 3M tape.

I don't have pics of the rear shelf right now but I will try to remember. You might try posting in the audio/electronics section as I'm sure there are others out there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shark Fin Antenna Project

Found this one on amazon and purchased it. After some dry fitting, it seems that it is going to fit with a little wiggling of the coiled wire that screws into the base of the current antenna. I'm doing a gloss black vinyl wrap on mine, so I just ordered it in gloss black. That project may or may not wait until summer when it is hotter out. Shark fin for $24, I couldn't really pass up! Below are some of the dry fit pics.

https://www.amazon.com/POSSBAY-Antenna-Adhesive-Functional-Signal/dp/B01L93JF8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483130796&sr=8-1&keywords=possbay+shark+fin

To complement the shark fin in gloss black, my bro also got me a 5ft x 6ft piece of 3M 1080 vinyl wrap in gloss black for x-mas! When opening in front of my family everyone was telling me that I would have some explaining to do after opening it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
To complement the shark fin in gloss black, my bro also got me a 5ft x 6ft piece of 3M 1080 vinyl wrap in gloss black for x-mas! When opening in front of my family everyone was telling me that I would have some explaining to do after opening it.
Just say you are in to some kinky **** and they don't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Completed the matte black window trim and also re-did the chrome on the back end from carbon fiber vinyl to silver / brushed aluminum vinyl. I'll test this look out for a bit I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Few pics from a drive to the country after a wash and Adams H2O Guard & Gloss! She didn't stay dry for long...but caught a glimpse of some blue sky so had to snap a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
this is almost how i want mine to look! love it!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts