Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With a the the tuning banter being slung, why didn't FOMOCO release the horses and torque from the factory?

Or is there a super secret surprise for owners from Ford in the future?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think warranty and longevity are the reasons

·
Registered
51 Posts
Longevity, warranty and if they did then the Fusion Sport would be competing with the Mustang GT.
I don't think there's a lot of cross shopping with the Mustang GT. They should be happy to offer similar performance in 2 and 4 doors. I bet it's mostly longevity/warranty. Plus they leave room for an ST with stronger driveline pieces.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't think there's a lot of cross shopping with the Mustang GT. They should be happy to offer similar performance in 2 and 4 doors. I bet it's mostly longevity/warranty. Plus they leave room for an ST with stronger driveline pieces.
I HIGHLY doubt we will ever see anything more than the Fusion Sport in terms of Fusion performance. They didnt do anything more with the SHO, which is currently being phased out, I dont see why they would with the Fusion Sport. There really isnt a market for that level of car within the ford fusion sector. If they went any higher the car would have a baseline of like 38-40K, for that price you could buy a much better performing car. No matter what Ford does with the Fusion, its still a 4,000lb car, at that weight it will never be a true sports sedan and to shed those pounds would take a pretty amazing feat of engineering. To make a true ST car they would also need a manual option, no way in **** Ford is going to completely re-engineer the car to put a manual transmission for what will easily be the lowest volume model sold with the least profit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Three pedal requirement? Not seeing any ST badging for the Fusion.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Be happy you got what you got. There is less and less market for sedans every year, just
look at fusions dismal book values.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree with everybody's assessments here. I think the Taurus SHO's lack of "success" from a sales perspective is a very big reason. I think this question is essentially the same as the Fusion ST vs Fusion Sport question. The reason they have success with the Fiesta and Focus ST's has alot to do with market and price. Can we create the market for them? Most likely not, but I'm willing to try, and have fun while doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts