Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice this?
The hose keeps pulling off the pipe, I pushed it back on when I changed the oil @ 1000 miles. I took this pic when I changed the oil @ 5000 miles last weekend.
Either the hose is a tad short or the engine is really rocking. (A good reason for the CP-E mount.)
I only noticed it because the blue lines didn't line up anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yes and I thought it was the shops fault when they replaced my heads. The first time I tightened it down it popped back up a few days later. I then loosened it from the TB and pulled it down and then tightened both clamps and all has been good.
I'm assuming it happens from the engine movement during acceleration.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes took mine in once already for this. The put hoses that are too short on it and needs to be removed and right one installed.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ur done. Make sure car is off push hose back up re tighten clamp. Show them the picture or drive up to dealer. Tell them u need new stuff or it will just continue to Back off. Mine did. Now a year later my hose is starting to collapse.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine has a green line painted on it and it does not seem to have moved yet. Whew. Of course, I have just 1700 miles on the clock and I've only tried pedal-to-the-floor accelerations three times so far.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Wow, I'm going to have to check mine later on! I haven't noticed any strange noises or behavior so I'm assuming it hasn't come off completely in 10k miles.

Done? as in what ? Collapse WTH lol
When a hose does not rest in a perfectly round shape, it has collapsed, therefor restricting air flow.

Reactions: Bmckee40 and Rice

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good explanation. Also as for done I believe if that hose comes off you'll hear it "pop" off. And loose a lot of power.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good explanation. Also as for done I believe if that hose comes off you'll hear it "pop" off. And loose a lot of power.
Yep
The sound an IC hose makes when it pops off at full song is nasty.
Had one come off on me during a run at the strip on my race car and
I thought the engine went.
After that you are driving naturally aspirated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts