Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from getting my trendy hipster haircut, I strategically, but safely, weaved my way in and out of traffic to nuzzle up next to tricked out 00's Camaro.

Deets from my peeps: drag radials, skinny fronts, dumped exhaust, aggressive cam... I'm guessing a solid 11 second car it not faster.

I was throttling him down a straight stretch of road, he lit it up and dusted me. I was relentless and kept poking the bear. We got lucky to come to a stop light and were striped first. I gave him a gentlemanly nod, and the focused on the tree (stop light). Quickly remembered to turn off traction control.

When I noticed cross traffic slowing and stopping... Brake boosted to 2500+, Green light and WHAMO... away I went. What felt like 1/8th of the mile down the road... all I heard was the sexy rumble of a dumped LS V8 growling past me like a drooling spectator. As we slowed and I picked up my crushed heart.. he gave me what I hoped was a "Wow, nice for a 4 door baby hauler" thumbs up.

Moral of the story... don't be a troll.

·
Registered
624 Posts
key takeaway, was trolling... trust me, I knew I was going to get embarrassed...:D
Well you did get beat, but you knew you would, so really you weren't embarrassed. You may have actually gained credibility, hence the thumbs up.
And you had fun! I expect you felt some satisfaction, not embarrassment right?
I say every time a Sport gains respect, it's a point for the win column.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Hey, if you can get out in front of a Camaro that's clearly set up for the strip for any amount of time, that's a win in my book.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean, our cars get out of the hole very well. When tuned, you can really launch it. I didn't think he would get me off the line. But I'll admit it wasn't even close. He would have walked me pretty bad after about 1/8 mile mark.

The more I drive this car, the more I like it. And after 7500 miles, it's broken in nicely.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice! It reminds me of a time years ago when I saw a yellow Lamborghini Diablo ahead of me on the highway. I was in a Passat W8. I rode his bumper for a bit, and then he disappeared like the Starship Enterprise going into warp drive. I gave the Passat everything it had and it felt like I was going backwards.

It is nice to have a vehicle that is so quick out of the hole, even if you're going to lose to some cars over longer distances. Sometimes it's fun just to see what the other guy can do, even if you know you're going to get smoked in the end.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, I wasn't actively looking but some moron came flying up on my right side in his what looked like a modded Lancer Rally Art and cut me off. He ended up in front of me at the next light and he mashed it I just stayed right on his ass until we reached the speed limit. He was looking in his rear view and appeared a bit surprised or maybe scared. I wish I was next to him, it would have been more "fun"!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Couldn't tell, I wouldn't doubt it but he was in the ultra-low slouch mode. Not sure how he could see out the windshield.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but tell me about the traction control thing there...is the acceleration better with it off?
When you leave traction control on and perform a launch, as soon as it detects tire slip, it cuts power to stable things out. Traction control off allows you to get a much nicer launch without losing the power.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got mine in August and I'm pushing 7K. Time flys when ur having fun, or should I say miles.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
1500 miles and just made my first payment.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's definitely a great story. I would take that as a moral win ! Especially because you got the nod and comment of approval at the end. Clearly if he had all that done to it, it's dedicated for those moments, so I think you fared quite well !

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I was on my way home from work yesterday and pulled up behind a pickup, and he was next to a Charger. The Charger took off fairly quickly so I zipped around the truck and tried prodding the Charger. He just stuck his nose in the air and continued on. Another forfeit win for Obsidian!

Reactions: 1153 and elronino

·
Registered
278 Posts
Went trolling today..

Took an Acura and Honda both with tincup
exhaust (the one's I really hate).

Did it in the sports mode, using the paddles.

The Acura gave me the most trouble, but in
the end, he was smelling my exhaust.

Wish I could record at the same time, but I am
a two hands on when it comes to driving.

This LMS tune is really nice...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Methinks I'm too old to do the stoplight racing, but I certainly do enjoy punching it on the on ramp to the highway on my way home. Last night, a Lexus IS behind me tried desperately to keep up, but I dusted her and she got stuck in traffic. I let out a little maniacal laugh.

Yes, I'll be 44 in a couple weeks, but I've earned the right to be childish occasionally, and I certainly don't judge any of y'all for doing so!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts