Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent over an hour scouring the interwebs for custom vanity plates, licence plate delete kits, even a custom motorcycle vanity plate with no luck. I need something that will hide the 4 holes that the dealer put in my bumper without "blocking" our precious intercooler.

How easy would it be for someone to make something like this? (pic below) I'm honestly considering ordering a Subaru one, flipping it over and have it etched. Lots of hassle, money, and time for a cosmetic but I just can't stand the bumper holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
find a company that does metal engraving and work with them to come up with something. Best I can tell you unless you want to go some other route of an off brand one...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've considered it but there is always that "you'll be able to see the flaws" thought. Plus having the capability of having my plate in the trunk and installing it if I get pulled over (possibly getting out of a ticket) is a positive.
Plus the plug and paint match kit may even cost more than a licence plate delete. (When/if it ever becomes available.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'm ordering a pair to see how they look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I feel fir yah... when I purchased my car i passed on 4 cars all because some ******* drilled the bumpers for plates. I ende up buying my car from a indiana dealer a hour away and asked on the phone if the bumper was drilled and they said no. they said I was the first person to ever ask that question.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Our revenue enhancement officers would have a ticket on my window within the week if I removed the plate. They even ticket parked vehicles at the malls.

It pains me to see how much the plate obstructs the fresh air intake by the intercooler.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know the lower part of license plate bracket is front of the intercooler but I really have to wonder how much of a difference it makes in the performance of the engine?

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Front Plate

This was what I did to get more air to the intercooler. These police will give us a ticket in New York for taking the plate off got one it cost me 75.00 with a NY surcharge. Taped it off and took a hack saw blade and cut it down. Trimmed the plate so it looked OK drilled new holes took off NY. and put door edge guard material on the bottom.The cops just want to see the info. It looks better but I still hate front plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
On my other cars, the bottom of the plate is usually not supported, so I fold the bottom of the plates over.

I wish all of the countries would pick one size for the license plates so the designs cold make them look good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Our revenue enhancement officers would have a ticket on my window within the week if I removed the plate. They even ticket parked vehicles at the malls.

It pains me to see how much the plate obstructs the fresh air intake by the intercooler.

I’m surprised nobody has come up with/a mod that uses the block heater outlet/lid. Not everybody needs that. Think bmw tow hook deal...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This was what I did to get more air to the intercooler. These police will give us a ticket in New York for taking the plate off got one it cost me 75.00 with a NY surcharge. Taped it off and took a hack saw blade and cut it down. Trimmed the plate so it looked OK drilled new holes took off NY. and put door edge guard material on the bottom.The cops just want to see the info. It looks better but I still hate front plates.
thats a gamble... if they want to be jerks theyll ticket your for altering the plate.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My buddy is a NYS Trooper , he told me the reasons why NY wants front plates one, is ID they can run the plate number even though they are ahead of you. Two, It is a perfect target for radar/ Laser to pick up a bounce back beam. Lots of plastic on cars these days. I still think they are ugly. I lived in 2 states that didn't have them Louisiana and Michigan. Had enough cold weather , time to move! Here I come OREO....Bucket

1 - 16 of 16 Posts