Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He drives around like a complete douche bag in his Charger SRT 392, making all kinds of unnecessary noise and he has lots of mods that are more for show than flow.

I would love to use the sleeper status of my car to make him shut up, but I don't think the FuSpo can make up for the difference in engine displacement.

I feel that with my current LMS tune and a good brake launch I would have a better 0-60 time, but I would get killed in a 1/4 mile. Any chance enough power could be squeezed out of this little engine to take him? Come spring I'd like to build up the car enough to race him, without losing sleeper status in the meantime. Any ideas?

I was thinking exhaust, CAI, intercooler, then re-tune.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Trade in fusion sport and buy a hellcat. Then you will beat him.

There is always someone faster out there.

Reactions: Reidonly

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Im gonna try the charge pipe wastegate boost control mod that worked wonders with the SHO crowd and I'll let you all know if it has as dramatic effect on our cars.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gonna try the charge pipe wastegate boost control mod that worked wonders with the SHO crowd and I'll let you all know if it has as dramatic effect on our cars.
That sounds like it could be a good way to go. Potential for a lot of bang for not much buck. I just worry that with the ecoboosts running as hot as they do now that this could put them over the edge. But if it works for the SHO guys...

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
That sounds like it could be a good way to go. Potential for a lot of bang for not much buck. I just worry that with the ecoboosts running as hot as they do now that this could put them over the edge. But if it works for the SHO guys...
Doesn't really push it much harder than one without it, per se. It just stops the car from closing the throttle between shifts.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just make some lame excuse about not wanting to go over 100 on the streets You should beat him to 100. I raced a new SRT Charger (there's a vid on here somewhere) he has an intake and exhaust, I was stock and beat him to 95

·
Registered
405 Posts
Would take more than a tune and a few bolt ons to beat that car. Looking around online low 12s stock seems pretty reasonable. You would need a turbo upgrade to beat him.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He probably won't even be around by the time you get everything built on your car. So don't worry about it.
unfortunately, this must be her type. He's like Joe Dirt always bragging about his Hemi.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just make some lame excuse about not wanting to go over 100 on the streets You should beat him to 100. I raced a new SRT Charger (there's a vid on here somewhere) he has an intake and exhaust, I was stock and beat him to 95
That' impressive. I guess if I can beat him light to light, I would be happy with that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't worry about it. If he's a douche let him be a douche.

Stooping to his level will only fuel the fire of douchness lol
You make a valid point, sir.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ever do this?

Update- He traded in the SRT for a Hellcat (actually my sister bought it for him), so it won't be close this year. Maybe I can drive it though.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Run him and if he wins you can always tell him, "Yep you beat me in my sisters car..." LOL

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
127 Posts
You would eat him off the line on the street! It would be hard for him to get a good launch. I can see why you want to shut him up lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ever do this?

Update- He traded in the SRT for a Hellcat (actually my sister bought it for him), so it won't be close this year. Maybe I can drive it though.
This has got the be one of the funniest threads on the forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts