Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So far I am still waiting on the full estimate :rolleyes: they told me they are waiting for the new lower control arm to arrive until they can put it on their lift and see the full extent of the damage to the steering.

·
Registered
160 Posts
some have bags in the rear seat belts. We call them exploding seat belts, yeah they do.
All 2019's have the "INFLAT. REAR SAFETY BELTS" standard. That's what I love about the 2019s is that you get everything.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Vidmo do 19s have the inverter in the back too?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
If you can code scan the car it should tell you if the clock spring has a open or low voltage code which means it will need to be replaced

·
Registered
757 Posts
@Vidmo do 19s have the inverter in the back too?
The inverter's actually up under the coin tray in the dash console, but @65dustin makes a very good point: Over the years there was decontenting, and the 19s had the most decontenting of all. They're also missing sound-deadening glass on the front sides, some other sound insulation, a number of other things. But yeah 2018 was the last year of the AC outlet.

@Vidmo is right though in that the 2019s were all shipped with everything loaded, as I understand it. So in other words, there were a number of things that were decontented in 2019, but everything that was available for a 2019, was in all of those cars as far as I'm aware; they didn't really have a lot of options. You got everything they had available, and that was it. So there aren't any "stripped-down" 2019s really as far as I know. But they also don't have some things the earlier years had.

All 3 years of these cars are great. The differences are a lot smaller than the similarities, and they're all really great cars. It's just a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine has the safety glass, but it was only in the front doors. All the F 150's have it from about 17 up now, I,ve got a 19 at work gonna pull the cab later so we can replace part of the frame in the rear.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
All 2019's have the "INFLAT. REAR
If you can code scan the car it should tell you if the clock spring has a open or low voltage code which means it will need to be replaced
I would love to, but the shop seems content to do things their way. I very likely am underestimating the difficulty here, but I would very much have liked to fix all the damage myself assuming I had the correct facilites. Seems mostly new parts installation, the airbags would be the toughest imo.

But unfortunately I don't have a shop or a lift, and the insurance prolly wouldn't like that either.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rear seatbelt air bags are part of the 401A trim, I think. I have them.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
My OG 2017 that I bought in 2016 (june or july build date iirc) did not have exploding seatbelts. The one I have now which is a 2017 which is a clone of my original with the exact same options, but build about a year later does have them. I thought that was odd.

·
Registered
757 Posts
My OG 2017 that I bought in 2016 (june or july build date iirc) did not have exploding seatbelts. The one I have now which is a 2017 which is a clone of my original with the exact same options, but build about a year later does have them. I thought that was odd.
My 2018 has every option available (except maybe Block Heater, I think it might not have that but it has everything else), doesn't have exploding seat belts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think it was a 17 thing and maybe into 18, then they dropped them all together. I,ve only seen them in a couple Fusion and It seems like we built a MKZ or two with them. My old boss n I built a lot of MKZ's since his wife really liked the car, Even built two 3.0 ones, AWD and a FWD, and yes you could tell the FWD one was down on power compared to the AWD model.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Recent update for those still invested. The repair shop finally completed the full estimate and the payment has been assigned. The price came to $12,500, which was well under the insurances $16k (which is for sure a low-ball, the car is almost certainly worth 20k on the market or at least was).

They figured out the issue with the steering, the steering gear broke and will need replacement. I'm assuming I sheared some of the teeth off inside the rack. 🤦‍♂️

Attached you'll find the invoice, let me know what y'all think. I'm still a little shocked and how expensive such a minor impact turned out to be. I was in particular shocked how much our seats are. Modern cars are just very expensive.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well at least it sounds like you've got good insurance and it looks like they're fixing everything so my guess is you'll be good as new once they're done. (y)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well at least it sounds like you've got good insurance and it looks like they're fixing everything so my guess is you'll be good as new once they're done. (y)
Crossing my fingers. I miss my stoplight drags 😭 my rental Mitsubishi Outlander isn't an awful car, but it's very sloww.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
@DarkArkAngel Something I just noticed - you may want to give them a heads up they have the wrong p/n for seat covers on that invoice. We don't have ebony interiors. But yeah, the seat covers are insanely priced. I once looked at replacing the front two seats in my '10 Focus when I still had it - $1400 each seat top + bottom! In a Focus!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
@DarkArkAngel Something I just noticed - you may want to give them a heads up they have the wrong p/n for seat covers on that invoice. We don't have ebony interiors. But yeah, the seat covers are insanely priced. I once looked at replacing the front two seats in my '10 Focus when I still had it - $1400 each seat top + bottom! In a Focus!
I'll be sure to ask them about it. I know my seat bolster were grey, but the 19s have black bolsters if I remember correctly?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
354 Posts
So much for 7 grand, and body n paint labor is cheap were your at, we get 50 an hour for both.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So much for 7 grand, and body n paint labor is cheap were your at, we get 50 an hour for both.
I know. 🙄 It got expensive quick, particularly after the steering damage was uncovered.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yup, those racks are not cheap.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts