Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Flowmaster Delta Tuner on Ebay for $196 since all it really did was increase throttle response and knock off 2 tenths in the 1/4. This fella plugs into 3 sensors and piggybacks off of them so hopefully it gives me a tad more performance while still being "warranty friendly" (non-flashing and easy to remove.)

Version 1 on the 2.0L Fusion added 55hp and 70ft lbs. (link below) to the wheels. I know some fella on here tried version 1 without any luck on the 2.7L but hopefully version 2 has the kinks worked out. Supposed to ship by the end of May since it's back-ordered. So I'll be heading to Capitol Raceway once installed and will post my review.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I sold my Flowmaster Delta Tuner on Ebay for $196 since all it really did was increase throttle response and knock off 2 tenths in the 1/4. This fella plugs into 3 sensors and piggybacks off of them so hopefully it gives me a tad more performance while still being "warranty friendly" (non-flashing and easy to remove.)

Version 1 on the 2.0L Fusion added 55hp and 70ft lbs. (link below) to the wheels. I know some fella on here tried version 1 without any luck on the 2.7L but hopefully version 2 has the kinks worked out. Supposed to ship by the end of May since it's back-ordered. So I'll be heading to Capitol Raceway once installed and will post my review.
non flashing and easy to remove doesnt mean warranty friendly. When your engine blows, the dealership will see logs of the sensors prior to it blowing up, just like a black box on an air plane. They will clearly see that the input values for each of those 3 sensors is being modified. Sure maybe 1 sensor you could say is a fluke, but when they test each of those sensors and see they are working fine now, but 2 days all 3 were reporting really odd numbers, they are going to know you were messing with it. Further more, this is actually more dangerous to your engine and more likely to cause a problem because its not a real tune. Your engine has logic and intelligence that tells it how it should be running and what is safe. It uses these sensors to determine this logic and keep your motor safe. Tricking the computer into thinking it is doing one thing when its really doing another is a huge risk.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My Edge is at Ford right now and they are pulling the transmission to replace a faulty seal causing me to leak engine oil. I've been tuned for about 20k miles and they know this.
at the end of the day its the kind of dealer you go to, some are way harsh and some could care less and do the work anyway

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My Edge is at Ford right now and they are pulling the transmission to replace a faulty seal causing me to leak engine oil. I've been tuned for about 20k miles and they know this.
I am not saying he is right by thinking this, I am just assuming those are his thoughts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good luck with the V2! I had the V1 and the performance benefits were awesome! I just didn't like all the engine codes. JMS did say there was a fix in the works and if this V2 is that fix I think you'll really enjoy it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, Im sure that makes Airwelldone feel good.
As long as it's covered under warranty, then I'll take my free rental and call it good. Ha
Seriously though, I haven't ever kept a car for longer than 3.5 years and haven't lost a red Lincoln selling any of them since my last Ford (96 GT.) So I'll give this a try, see how it performs at the "75%" level and go from there. If I don't like it, I'll return or toss it on eBay and bite the tune bullet. Which I literally should have done from day one but keep telling myself that if I'm going to void my warranty then I want to just do it right with full quality breather mods (intake, charge pipe, catless downpipes, etc.,) then custom tune for the mods but we don't have that support yet; so in the interim, I'm trying different previous ecoboost tested reliable (there's folks on Edge and F150 forums that have use JMS boost products for years with no issues) power adders. Additionally, every new platform forum needs a product test mule and I'm in, so sit back and enjoy. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I gave it a shot after looking into the f-150 and edge guys using the thing with a lot of success.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts