Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to look at colors as a long term thing, the candy colors will be out of style quickly and then you got an easter egg(sorry electric blue). I'm trying to convince myself to broaden my preference to include other colors as possible contenders (other than black or grey)

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
Not sure what the link is supposed to accomplish but it takes me to the home page.
Oh yeah look at that, does it for me too. Lol.

It was to a different (older) thread we had on it. But it was from late 2016. Lots of new people here now so I'm sure it's different. Said White and Burgundy were the lowest bought. Black and Magnetic were highest.

I'm interested to see how/if it's changed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
It seems to be a denim sort-of blue. I like it. Maybe not on a Sport, but I really like it on that SE, personally.

(Pics by JGR from 2GF)

Reactions: Bmckee40

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine is Burgundy Velvet. I can't tell you how many positive comments I've gotten on this color.

It's a very exclusive club...but I'm a bit biased.

·
Registered
333 Posts
When I decided to buy mine, I eliminated a bunch of colors right from the start: black, white, gray. The burgundy was hard to get, so that left electric blue and ruby red. I can't believe I was actually contemplating getting the blue (no offense to any blue owners), and when I realized that, the choice was clear: ruby red. Reason? I'm a University of Southern California fan, and the ruby red is close to one of their school colors. FUCLA is one of USC's major rivalries, and one of their school colors is blue. So there ya have it, ruby red it is, lol...

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are no candy color options available for the sport (or any production car really). There are metallic options, and the platinum white is a tri-coat, but no candy...

You admit that you're conservative, but don't want to be boring, but then omit the colors that are "boring" (shades of grey) and the most popular non-greyscale color (lightning blue) so a simple process of elimination says you want red or burgundy then?

If you don't want to be boring, but you still want to be conservative, go for magnetic. its a really good looking metallic that goes a half step beyond the traditional white, black, and silver.

Sorry if this seems mean-spirited, it just gets under my skin... As a designer, I deal with clients who present the same sort of taste ALL THE TIME. They don't want to be boring or plain, but they also don't want to try anything dynamic either, so I get stuck trying to do something that's as close to boring as I can get to appease them...

Also, FYI red and blue never really go out of style when they're as saturated as ruby red or lightning blue. Pastels and mutes (or tints and shades, if you're being technical) come and go out of style all the time, but pure colors have very good staying power. Just think of the 60s muscle cars you see today at car shows, the best looking ones are bright orange, red, green, blue, purple, etc... they surely haven't gone out of style.

Grow a pair and get ruby red or lightning blue, they look phenomenal. I get compliments constantly about the color of my car.

The one non-greyscale color that might actually go out of style is burgundy velvet. As pretty as it looks today, that is one color that constantly fluctuates in and out of style. And that new blue is already out of style, that washed-out denim color is very early-2000s and it has not come back around yet.

/rant over

·
Registered
149 Posts
Magnetic and i swear its looks way different in the sun vs shade. shade people think its black. also, i am color blind(red/green) :) so... i wasn't picky but loved that the wheels matched the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
I've gotten numerous compliments, even from my dealer, about Magnetic and how stealthy it looks. And all I did was tints and paint-matched badges.

Ben is right, in the dark it's sleek looking but in the sun the metal flake really pops and you see the contrast in the body lines. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BenNFtWorth

·
Registered
206 Posts
Magnetic was my second choice. It's different, but probably not enough to gain undesired attention.

I've wanted a blue car for a long time and the lightning blue is an excellent take on the color. A coworker has the (discontinued) deep impact blue, and while it's decent, the new color is far better. I've received several compliments on it so far.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've had numerous compliments on how nice my Burgundy Velvet looks as it is not in the majority of colors out there.

I wanted that color but got a smokin deal on White Platinum which was my second choice. I really did like the Burgundy velvet especially since you never really see that color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are no candy color options available for the sport (or any production car really). There are metallic options, and the platinum white is a tri-coat, but no candy...

You admit that you're conservative, but don't want to be boring, but then omit the colors that are "boring" (shades of grey) and the most popular non-greyscale color (lightning blue) so a simple process of elimination says you want red or burgundy then?

If you don't want to be boring, but you still want to be conservative, go for magnetic. its a really good looking metallic that goes a half step beyond the traditional white, black, and silver.

Sorry if this seems mean-spirited, it just gets under my skin... As a designer, I deal with clients who present the same sort of taste ALL THE TIME. They don't want to be boring or plain, but they also don't want to try anything dynamic either, so I get stuck trying to do something that's as close to boring as I can get to appease them...

Also, FYI red and blue never really go out of style when they're as saturated as ruby red or lightning blue. Pastels and mutes (or tints and shades, if you're being technical) come and go out of style all the time, but pure colors have very good staying power. Just think of the 60s muscle cars you see today at car shows, the best looking ones are bright orange, red, green, blue, purple, etc... they surely haven't gone out of style.

Grow a pair and get ruby red or lightning blue, they look phenomenal. I get compliments constantly about the color of my car.

The one non-greyscale color that might actually go out of style is burgundy velvet. As pretty as it looks today, that is one color that constantly fluctuates in and out of style. And that new blue is already out of style, that washed-out denim color is very early-2000s and it has not come back around yet.

/rant over
I beg to differ....the Dodge lineup looks like someone opened a bag of skittles.

I'm not a blue car person. The electric blue will be dated in 2 years. And since I'm looking at leftover end of year 2017 edition Fusion, I need to keep my mind open to color availability, and I think back over my lifetime of car ownership it goes like this.... 1 grey, 1 black, 2 red, and 1 granite which is a grey/ brown.

My color option choice will go like this 1A/1B will be black/ grey, 2 will be white and 3 will be red. I know where a black and red one in the trim level I want are located.

Saw a beautiful red with black wheels Grand Cherokee this weekend, that red is very close to the same shade red as FuSpo.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not sure what the tri coat white platinum even is, but it sounded special. It’s the nicest looking paint job I have ever had on a car. Probably robots, but dang they have got the painting thing down!

Reactions: mike d

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
The tri-coat is exactly what it sounds like. 3 coats of paint. Most paints consist of the paint, then a clear coat on top. White platinum tri-coat consists of white paint, a pearl coat on top of that, then clear coat on top of that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just got the white platinum yesterday. I was negotiating with two places. One had burgundy, the other white platinum. I liked the burgundy, but I ended up getting a better deal on the white platinum, and I have no regrets. They are both stunning colors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wanted that color but got a smokin deal on White Platinum which was my second choice. I really did like the Burgundy velvet especially since you never really see that color.
Until you actually own one, then that color will be everywhere (no matter what color you buy). ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts