Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work tonight and I see this cute little red "muscle car" coming up in my mirror briskly. I double tap and slowly apply my brakes, roll down my window, give him a thumbs up and we both slow down. I was in sport mode holding at about 3500rpms waiting for him to jump. He jumped and I just slowly pulled him all the way to, well uh, not to exceed the 75mph speed limit of course. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love your sound effects it sounds like you're navigating in astroid field at WARPspeed... which is obviously impossible... lmao

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I first read the title, I thought it said "I wish I had..."

Slight misunderstanding. :p

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The speedo must've been in kilometers per hour that's the issue here... and I'm pretty sure by street signs in the background that he was in Mexico LOL
HAHAHA!

yeah... that must have been the case...

And you're right, that one sign definitely said Ciudad de México. And all that yelling was 100% Spanish

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have a tune on it???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: lightningken

·
Registered
405 Posts
Good job! I also love terrorizing V6 Mustangs and Camaros - muscle car wannabes :) I also add the turbo-4 from BMW, Audi and Japan to the list :)
Personally I dont understand the continued hate against V6 Camaros and Mustangs. I mean do you guys not remember the early 2000s of V8 versions of these cars? Literally the V6s Mustangs and Camaros of today are faster and have more HP than the V8 versions 15 years ago. They are both 13 second cars, which IMO any car hitting 13s from the factory is respectable.

Literally the 2002 Camaro SS was a 5.7L V8 with 325 HP, the V6 Camaros of today are 335HP! Stock for Stock a 2017 V6 camaro is faster than a 2017 fusion sport.

The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE is a Game Changer ? Speed Society

"While the last generation 1LE was only an option for V-8 SS models, this generation includes the little brother; the V6. A V6 Camaro sounds like a rental car or a car that somebody would buy their spoiled teenage daughter, but let’s look at some numbers. In 2002, everybody thought Chevy was selling the last Camaro and ran out to buy the big bad SS. The outgoing SS model was one bad ride in 2002 with a 325-hp, 5.7-liter LS1 under the hood. Sending that power through a 6-speed manual transmission, these rides could go 0-60mph in a swift 5.2 seconds. They could do a 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 107mph completely stock. Let us compare this to the new V6 Camaro. The sixth-generation rental car with the new 8-speed automatic can do 0-60 in 5.1 second and run the 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 103 mph. So, the old baddest Camaro hardly matches up to the new Camaro rental car. The new V6 is no joke, especially in 1LE trim."

·
Registered
481 Posts
Personally I dont understand the continued hate against V6 Camaros and Mustangs. I mean do you guys not remember the early 2000s of V8 versions of these cars? Literally the V6s Mustangs and Camaros of today are faster and have more HP than the V8 versions 15 years ago. They are both 13 second cars, which IMO any car hitting 13s from the factory is respectable.

Literally the 2002 Camaro SS was a 5.7L V8 with 325 HP, the V6 Camaros of today are 335HP! Stock for Stock a 2017 V6 camaro is faster than a 2017 fusion sport.

The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE is a Game Changer ? Speed Society

"While the last generation 1LE was only an option for V-8 SS models, this generation includes the little brother; the V6. A V6 Camaro sounds like a rental car or a car that somebody would buy their spoiled teenage daughter, but let’s look at some numbers. In 2002, everybody thought Chevy was selling the last Camaro and ran out to buy the big bad SS. The outgoing SS model was one bad ride in 2002 with a 325-hp, 5.7-liter LS1 under the hood. Sending that power through a 6-speed manual transmission, these rides could go 0-60mph in a swift 5.2 seconds. They could do a 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 107mph completely stock. Let us compare this to the new V6 Camaro. The sixth-generation rental car with the new 8-speed automatic can do 0-60 in 5.1 second and run the 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 103 mph. So, the old baddest Camaro hardly matches up to the new Camaro rental car. The new V6 is no joke, especially in 1LE trim."
it makes no sense what so ever but to me a camaro/mustang if you have has to be a v8 in my opinion, you gotta have that v8 sound lol. Ive always said id rather be driving a honda then be in a v6 muatang/camaro

·
Registered
405 Posts
You guys are silly. Talking about wannabe sports cars while we are sitting here modifying our top trim 4 door grocery-getters and then bragging about beating the bottom end trim of wannabe sports cars. Ontop of that, our cars sound 4 cylinder rice burners with exhaust.

Id say the Borla Atak is my favorite.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree Jayson. But I also think the S-type might be more fitting with the Sport. I'd take the stock camaro sound over what we got.
I realize our V-6 is nothing like the camaros but these videos do make me more interested in hearing more from the Borlas' Sport exhaust.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Im sorry but to me its pointless to buy a V6 when you have the option to get a V8. Ask yourself this, if the Fusion Sport had a V8 option, would you have still got the V6? My answer is hêll no.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh so true and if you wanted just a Fusion, you would have bought the 2.0l 4cyl.
This man gets it! haha exactly

Im sorry but to me its pointless to buy a V6 when you have the option to get a V8. Ask yourself this, if the Fusion Sport had a V8 option, would you have still got the V6? My answer is hêll no.
Agreed completely id get a v8. also to jayson ive owned 4 mustangs before this fusion and EVERY single one had a v8 in it.

Reactions: G82FS and Vert
1 - 20 of 26 Posts