Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my 13 titanium in a Walmart collision....he hit the rear quarter wheel well totaled.
had to rush when replacing.

The dealership was a friend that really helped out but they only had the one sport so we got it right obviously, unfortunately it seems have not any bells or whistles and seems to have almost no options.

I'm looking to:

-Upgrade to the latest sync
-add 6x9s in the rear deck
-then get the Phoenix screen
-sub/s eventually

I need a starting point on where to look For the sync and 6x9 add

I assume I'll need a new head unit for the sync upgrade and a partial harness for the 6x9 add.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Here is my single amplified sub install thread.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Honestly, I'd probably get a base package if I did it again.

Reactions: sho1

·
Registered
9 Posts
What reason? Took me 4 months to find "the one" one of the main reasons was I was specifically looking for the base version/400a.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 400A, what mine has. I wouldn't mind cooled seats, but what I have will do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what year is your replacement Sport? I thought that the dash boards were standard in 2017+, and yours looks older

·
Registered
618 Posts
There are two different instrument clusters, and some have put a MKZ cluster in theirs, which takes some programing with Forscan to make it work, but not a huge deal.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
There are two different instrument clusters, and some have put a MKZ cluster in theirs, which takes some programing with Forscan to make it work, but not a huge deal.
Yeah mine's a 401A because that's what I wanted, but I totally get wanting the 400A. The 400A comes with the nice big analog tach, which is pretty cool, especially if you're going to be racing. Plus for anyone who's going to put the MKZ cluster in, why pay for the 401A cluster right? So I totally understand the appeal of the 400A.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The 401A has that digital tach. The Lexus LF-A was one of the first to have a digital tach because a mechanical tach couldn't keep up with that V10 engine. Paris Hilton still has her LF-A from what I recall.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The 401A has that digital tach. The Lexus LF-A was one of the first to have a digital tach because a mechanical tach couldn't keep up with that V10 engine. Paris Hilton still has her LF-A from what I recall.
Yep and my left screen stays on that digital tach pretty much all the time. I also notice if you start manually shifting the car automatically switches to that on your left screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts