Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

I Finally Own One

27K views 81 replies 26 participants last post by  Miguelius 
#1 ·
I just bought my 17 Fusion Sport today in Lightning Blue. The car drives great, tons of torque and grip even around corners. I hve only drive about 10 miles so far but I really like the car. I will post some pictures later on.

#9 ·
It seems strange that I have a ford fusion sport built June 6, 2016 and has not shipped yet. Also no dealer across the US have any in stock only all in transit. Edmunds shows all new cars delivered to dealers such as the new Focus RS. I'm sure if any ford fusion sports were delivered they would know and Ford would advertise it like they did with the Focus RS.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016-ford-focus-rs-reaches-dealerships.htmle

#10 ·
It seems strange that I have a ford fusion sport built June 6, 2016 and has not shipped yet. Also no dealer across the US have any in stock only all in transit. Edmunds shows all new cars delivered to dealers such as the new Focus RS. I'm sure if any ford fusion sports were delivered they would know and Ford would advertise it like they did with the Focus RS.
2016 Ford Focus RS Reaches Dealerships | Edmunds.com
Corrected Web Site

#11 · (Edited)
How did you determine that it has not shipped yet? Fusions with LED headlights (including all Sports) were held in Hermosillo after assembly in June to resolve a mounting problem, but have been released. My dealer tells me that cars ordered for a specific customer (mine says "SPECIAL ORDER" in big, bold letters on the sticker) do not appear on any of these web sites, apparently because they're not considered inventory.

#14 ·
I don't know for sure but I have been in touch with Ford and they say the dealer can find out when it is in transit. As of the last time he checked 7/12/16 it showed no new information therefore it had not shipped as of that date. Forget the Cotus site it doesn't work, even the Cotus site that only Ford employees and Retireees have access to doesn't work. I receive an email every Tuesday from someone at Ford and they will inform me when the status has changed.

#15 ·
Congrats on the purchase. I just purchased mine today as well. Went with the White platinum color. Not totally sold on the grey interior, but the car is fun to drive, especially on the freeways. I spent the day driving it, and already put a hundred miles on the car.

#17 ·
Grats! I just picked mine up yesterday as well. I got it in Burgundy Velvet with every option minus the park assist. I'm coming from a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. From a performance perspective it feels like it is on par with the charger for acceleration. It's hard to tell because it is very smooth compared to the dodge slamming gears on the 5 speed. It definitely feels like it handles better.

Attachments

#20 ·
Congrats wintermoon. I had a charger RT... and now drive a Volvo s60 T6 R-Design which also feels on par with the charger but handles better because of the lighter weight, I imagine you're experiencing the same thing. Looking back now the charger feels like an airline carrier.

#38 ·
Took me a while to find this in the manual. I will say it has been VERY hard to follow one of these points :) Here is what it says...

You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles (490 kilometers). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
Avoid driving to fast during the first 1000 miles 91600 kilometers). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine.
Do not tow during the first 1000 miles (1600 kilometers).

#31 ·
@wintermoon could we get a bunch of pictures of the interior?
Here are a couple of pictures of the inside. Sorry for the low quality. It's worth noting that the grey seats are not as white as they look.

Attachments

#32 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics.

I know I'm nitpicking here, but for such a relatively high performance car, that digital tacho looks rather dinky/flimsy. I'd prefer the actual physical tacho, but then you dont't get the two digital display panels in the dash. Decisions, decisions....

All in all, the interior in your pics looks preety good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.