Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my way home from work yesterday, it was a ton of stop and go. Naturally I was in cruise mode until about 8 miles from home. The highway opened up a bit and it felt like I had Tiger vision... I opened her up, found some pockets in traffic and darted in and out. She pulls hard, was nimble in the lane changes, and over felt surefooted when cresting 120.... yes I said 120. It wasn't floaty, it wasn't wobbly, it was just about perfect (keep in mind this is no mustang, camaro, or vette). Surprisingly, 120 came pretty quick... I wasn't really expecting it, it just happened.

I was approaching a curvy section of the highway, and thought to myself, take her slow... forget that, hammered on it and made a few butt puckering lane changes @ 110+.... I never doubted her for one second.:D

Maybe it is just me, but cruising in this car like it's a 130 hp 4 door grocery hauler is nice and comfortable... but it slapped a big ol' smile on my face when I opened it up. It's like I forgot the power was there. I even surprised a 15' Mustang GT... he quickly sped up and gave me a thumbs up. This car has plenty of power and agility and will be a blast to drive in the years to come.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, I had mine up over 110 MPH on the freeway the other day (in an area that never has cops) and it was still pulling strongly and handled nicely. It was definitely still pulling as well as my '11 SHO did at those speeds.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I had mine up over 110 MPH on the freeway the other day (in an area that never has cops) and it was still pulling strongly and handled nicely. It was definitely still pulling as well as my '11 SHO did at those speeds.
That's good to know... I got a little uneasy due to history of bacon hiding out in and around the area I was playing. Nice to hear that it is similar in feel to your SHO. I don't see myself hitting those speeds that often, but nice to know the fun and puckering is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts