Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at cargurus.com, I am seeing in the 100 mile radius of home that 2017 400A packaged Sport is going for just north of $28K. My plan is to perhaps do this this summer, save some money on a year end new vehicle.

I tried looking at the difference in packages 400A vs 401A, the difference I can see means little to me. Also, to me, when more electronic gizmos are added to the car, it is just a more opportunity for something to break. Am I understanding this right in that there are 2 option packs for the Sport?

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Yes, there are 2 equipment levels. 401A adds:

Upgraded dual-screen instrument cluster
SYNC 3
10-way power passenger seat with power lumbar
Ambient lighting
Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
Reverse Sensing System
Audio System from Sony® with 12 speakers
HD Radio
911 Assist

There is also the separate Driver's Assist Package, and a few more free-standing options still. Basically, you are still getting mostly the same electronics with the 400A level, just not as nice versions of those electronics. Plus there are a few minor things you also get with the 401A package, although I don't remember specifics at the moment.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
118 Posts
i can't possibly imagine this car w/o the 401a.

Reactions: MattQ

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree, I love the sound system.
My wife paid $1000 for the upgrade Bang and Olufsen system in her Audi so I didn't
mind the extra $ for the rest of the options.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just to add...

Driver's Assist Package requires 401A.

This includes
-Sync Connect
-BLIS System
-110v outlet
-heated steering wheel
-rain sensing wipers
-auto high beams
-Lane assist

For me, 401A was a must have. I can't live without a decent sound system. I also wanted Android Auto/Carplay. That was my MUST have for any new car I purchased this day in age. I was tired of mounting my phone to the car and using it as a GPS. Obviously built in navigation doesn't offer anywhere near as good traffic conditions, especially in a populated tri state area.

The Drivers Assist was NOT a must have. However it came on the car I wanted. With the 3k in rebates that popped up, I didn't mind it.

Actually it worked out for me. I park my car in a parking lot away from where I live, so in the winter/summer I can remote start it several minutes before I walk over to my car. Sync Connect helps in this situation as it's done via cellular modem.

Heated steering wheel was also nice. Only necessary obviously if you live where there's cold seasons. Normally I've noticed steering wheels cool quickly during the summer, however they do NOT heat quickly in the winter.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Since I can't edit. Just to follow up and clarify...

Not sure if you're leasing or purchasing. I purchased/financed my vehicle. If I leased it, I'd probably be torn on the 401A package.

Seems on average, it's about $22 a month to add the 401A package. At this point, if you don't feel it's necessary and wouldn't care either way, there may not be a point to throw the money into something you're not keeping after the lease is up.

If you're keeping the car, that could be a different story

·
Registered
481 Posts
i asked my dealer to find me a base model sport but they only found a 401A and moonroof car. The 401A is a must have IMO the standard radio and the backup system in the 400 makes it feel immediately dated IMO.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Reactions: BoostedFridge

·
Registered
624 Posts
Seriously, the cooled seats are the best $195 I've ever spent in my life.
What $195? I paid $495. But it's worth twice that to me. Love them, even though it's just the seat bottom. I don't know why people keep saying theirs' cools the seat back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be buying should I decide to obtain.

I looked over the list of options for the 400 vs 401. What is sync3? 99%of the time I will be the only person in the car, so the dual climate zone thingy does nothing for me. An upgraded stereo might be nice, but I don't crank the stereo anyway, ( i like my hearing). Reverse sensing system, is that the sonar sensors that gives you the beep beep beep while backing up? Some of our company vehicles have it, I could see it's usefulness in certain situations, but I drive a 45 ft charter bus for a living and routinely parallel park it w/o a backup camera or sensors, just mirrors. As for navigation system, I have a stand alone GPS I use at work, has all the bells and whistles I need to find my way around.

The car I looked at on cargurus has a 400A package and the moon roof. The dealer it was at did not get back to me yet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What $195? I paid $495. But it's worth twice that to me. Love them, even though it's just the seat bottom. I don't know why people keep saying theirs' cools the seat back.

Are you sure $495?
My window sticker said $395
I hardly ever use AC, just turn on my cooled seats and crack the window.
Had those seats in my 09 MKZ I traded, since they were an option here they were a must.
Window sticker attached.

OP
It sounds like you don't need the 401A, I only use mirrors too but really grew to like
the reverse sensors since I had them on my previous car.
I have Nav and Moonroof but didn't want either, without the moonroof you don't get the garage door opener although someone on there added it.
I knew every Sport within 100 miles of me, dealers had not brought any new cars in for about 2 months and I wanted to make sure I could get the 0% interest before April 3rd.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Either mine cools the back as well or my butt just doesn't cover the entire seat bottom because I always feel it on my back...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Either mine cools the back as well or my butt just doesn't cover the entire seat bottom because I always feel it on my back...
It seems to me that it only goes up the back if you have it on the high or mid setting. The low setting doesn't seem to effect the back as much for me, but it does still get some. But the vents that actually cool the seat are only under the seat, not in the back, same with for the heat, but the fans that push the air will push some of that air into the back of the seat as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the car comes manufactured with the cooling ductwork and wiring in place and then you just have to pay for the option to have the sending unit installed? Or am I not thinking of this the right way? And the steering wheel warmer, same thing, the wiring is there just have to plug and play or is there a different steering wheel involved?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does anyone know if the car comes manufactured with the cooling ductwork and wiring in place and then you just have to pay for the option to have the sending unit installed? Or am I not thinking of this the right way? And the steering wheel warmer, same thing, the wiring is there just have to plug and play or is there a different steering wheel involved?
I'm not sure how the process for adding cooled seats works - I'd say it's better just to spec it that way than to retrofit, although I think I saw some info on it somewhere?

DanMc85 (or something like that - he's also a member here) did a great writeup on the heated steering wheel swap on 2gfusions. I'm fuzzy on the specifics, but that thread should answer your questions.

The heated wheel, power port and Sync Connect are the only things that are really worthwhile IMO in the driver assist package. If the heated wheel is the only thing you want, I think retrofitting may be a decent option.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Actually it is not something I want or need. Just for informational purposes. There is a pretty good chance that this vehicle will not be a winter/daily driver. I currently have a '06 Mazda Miata that I use as my summer driver, it is trade or sell bait. I think it is time for me to move on from that type of vehicle as a daily driver, time to stretch out a bit. The winter beast I drive for snow country where I work is an '03 Xterra with 121K on the clock. Lots of stuff has been fixed on it, so just in case the X goes down, I'll have something with AWD for winter use and perhaps if the X goes completely out of the picture(it has never been wrecked or beat and is in great shape) I'll have a competent daily driver with the Fusion.

The Sync Connect, is that something with your cell phone integrated to the screen on the dash? In general, I rarely fiddle with the phone while driving. Was even looking at the difference between stereo systems. I see one is a 9 speaker and the other is a 10. I sometimes listen to AM talk radio on my way to and from work, 50 miles about 3 times a week. I usually just listen to local radio stations. I have an XM subscription that I use for the work vehicle on a portable unit, hopefully there is a port on the radio I could plug into.

I guess if I have not said it by now, from my standpoint, more is not better. I would most likely be spending several thousand dollars more on options for something that has little to no value for me. Heated steering wheel or cooled seats? I have a nice stash of gloves or I could cool the car off for a few minutes before getting in. This is mainly for informational purposes.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Cooled seats require different seat internals, even the heated seats work differently if you have the cooled option. The ducting is not there if you do not pay for it. Same goes for the heated steering wheel - none of the wiring is there, you'd need a new wheel, clockspring, module, and various other parts to make it work.
The Sync Connect, is that something with your cell phone integrated to the screen on the dash? In general, I rarely fiddle with the phone while driving. Was even looking at the difference between stereo systems. I see one is a 9 speaker and the other is a 10. I sometimes listen to AM talk radio on my way to and from work, 50 miles about 3 times a week. I usually just listen to local radio stations. I have an XM subscription that I use for the work vehicle on a portable unit, hopefully there is a port on the radio I could plug into.
SYNC Connect is the cellular modem that allows you to remote start, lock/unlock, locate last known parking spot, and view status of your car from your phone. SYNC3 allows for use of your phone through the car's touchscreen via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, and is required if you get SYNC Connect. Also, the Fusion comes with either 9 speakers, or 12 Sony speakers with a Sony amplifier. Even if it's not loud, the sound quality between the two is noticeable to most people.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Yeah, I just double-checked my window sticker, it says $195. Although I checked Ford's website as well, it currently is listed as $395. Also, mine does cool the upper back as well, not just the bottom. You might want to get yours checked out then.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts