Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ah the stinger is ok just can't get past that KIA brand in my face all the time it will always have that cheap ring to itself.😏
WhiteGhost,
Doing more research and like someone else had mentioned I have seen the reviews are starting to say 5 seconds to 60 for the v6 stinger. I saw a guy doing some 0-60 runs with his stinger GT and he kept getting about 5.3 seconds until he used launch control then he got 4.6 or 4.7. He was using and app he put on his phone which may not be the most accurate. I am not sure how launch control works but don't you press a button and the engine revs and locks the brakes until it hits a certain rpm and then it goes. What good is that
You have to launch when it is ready not when someone else goes?
I also noticed car and driver said the 2020 Escape did 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. Motor Trend did it in 6.9 seconds and Ford says it will do it 7.0 seconds pretty big discrepancy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I tried enabling track apps on my 18 with Forscan but the code to do it isn't there. It bothered me for about 2 seconds, then I realized even if I owned a Stang I don't think I'd use that. Any kind of launch control just seems like it would be really hard on your drivetrain. Plus like @dtd said, what's the point anyway if you don't control when you jump? Seems kind of silly to me. Maybe if you were measuring time starting from when your car started moving, and you were alone. But nobody does that really. And it's not like launch control would have the slightest impact on your ability to merge in traffic or pass someone on the highway. So meh. Whatever.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts