Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I am a Fusion Sport enthusiast and new to the forum.

Looking forward to getting involved on the site and learning more about how to wring more power out of these 2.7TTs now that I'm past the 100km warrantee ;)

Recently smoked a pot hole and bent a rim! Anyone got a clean rim for sale or a full set of four?

Get at me, let me know what ya got, in need right away.

Thanks guys!

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
858 Posts
Welcome to the Family, from the Deep South!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Looking forward to getting involved on the site and learning more about how to wring more power out of these 2.7TTs now that I'm past the 100km warrantee ;)

Recently smoked a pot hole and bent a rim! Anyone got a clean rim for sale or a full set of four?

Thanks guys!
Hi Shore and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forums. Just in case you were not aware: Bent wheels can often be repaired, if they meet certain criteria. And for far less than even a used wheel would cost.
We have a few threads about this and can provide more information if you are interested.

Welcome again and good luck.

Reactions: Shore

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shore and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forums. Just in case you were not aware: Bent wheels can often be repaired, if they meet certain criteria. And for far less than even a used wheel would cost.
We have a few threads about this and can provide more information if you are interested.

Welcome again and good luck.
Thanks, I didnt realize. I will check the threads and see if there is a shop locally that can help me out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks, I didnt realize. I will check the threads and see if there is a shop locally that can help me out.
Hi Shore. If you Google "Wheel repair shops near me" you will have better luck finding one near you. That was how I found the one i used (for my sisters CUV).

If you like, I can fill you in on some of the information I found out when I had her wheel repaired.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: Shore

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome also from Canada. From this forum and ffs' I've spotted, red sports are rare north of the border.
Is that the rockies in the background? Where do you hail from?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome also from Canada. From this forum and ffs' I've spotted, red sports are rare north of the border.
Is that the rockies in the background? Where do you hail from?
That is the Rockies, I pass thru them everytime I head to Alberta. I'm from Quesnel, central BC.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Thanks guys!

View attachment 29590
Welcome from Europe.

Beautiful car in beautiful scenery!👊

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update! Im getting my rim straightened next week at a shop in vqncouver and ive also decided to replace the pads and rotors with EBC components. Going for the Yellow street sport pads. Hoping to ensure braking performance in the winter. Anyone have experiance with EBC brakes on their Sport?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Update! Im getting my rim straightened next week at a shop in vqncouver and ive also decided to replace the pads and rotors with EBC components. Going for the Yellow street sport pads. Hoping to ensure braking performance in the winter. Anyone have experiance with EBC brakes on their Sport?
I have the reds in the front only. They have been great for wear and stopping, but they growl a little bit more from
high speeds than stockers. I did all there break in procedures (brand new rotors) like they claim you have to or the world will end.
Still have "some" noise. I will buy them again though, they are lasting forever.

I had the yellows on my EVO8. Crapload of brake dust for a street application, IMO,
and I thought they completely sucked on a road course. I pulled them off and put them
on the front of my street stang (same Brembo PN's on both). If they still produce a lot of dust,
I'm going to toss them in the trash.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the reds also. Work very well. You won't notice much difference to the stock pads around town but they feel like they have more stopping power at highway speeds. They seem to be wearing evenly.

I have no issues in the winter with them either. In the real cold (below -10) or wet you have to be a bit careful on the first application of the brakes as they can be a bit digital (nothing then everything) but I guess thats true with a lot of brakes in those scenarios.
I have a lot more confidence with the EBCs than I did with the stock set up, although I put new rubber on as well which probably contributes. Went from the goodyear all seasons to full summers and full snows (Michelin for both).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Are you guys using the slotted EBC discs or non slotted?
I went for slotted and dimpled - attached my shopping list of what I fitted so you can look at part numbers. Got them for looks.
To be honest, not sure I'd do both again. I think I'd do slotted only. They do show a bit of oxidation - i had expectations they were passivated to eliminate this. They are also pricey.

Having said that they are the best brakes I've had and can pull you up very quickly with no slippage or vibration - which is ultimately what I wanted and why I got these.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts