Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been working through the programming on this. I have flashed the cluster and am on updating the as-built part. What I did was save the as-built from my stock cluster and then load that into forscan and wrote it out. I also made the updates from the first post. But, I am still getting DTC's, U0533, U0534, U3000. I am guessing I need a few further adjustments to correct these. Any help to get over this last hurdle is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have water spots on the back side of my cluster lens. I’m wondering if I can follow these steps without disconnecting the panel just so I could clean the lens?

So is there a cable that gives enough leeway to pull the cluster out and unscrew the lens screws?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
There's just enough slack in the wiring to disconnect the IPC. You won't have enough space to be able to unscrew and unclip the lens until it's removed from the dash completely. It's 100% OK to disconnect the IPC, tho. If you're nervous, just disconnect the battery first.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Correct, mileage is written to the IPC (and other modules), so it's not something that will be erased upon power loss. Maybe your Trip 1 and Trip 2 counters will reset, but that's a hard maybe. I believe our cars don't lost the trip counters like older Fords did. But yes, you're 100% OK to disconnect it with the car off.

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The price of what? Total? Depends on if you already have the tools necessary to do it yourself, pay for programming by someone else, and how much you find the new parts for.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Usually between $100-200 USD if your find a used one, about $500 for a new one (plus $300 core charge).

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Ebay or other private sellers. If you're lucky you'll find someone selling just the lens/mask. They go fast tho since everyone's now doing the swap. But if you can't, you'll need to buy a Mondeo cluster and swap the mask/lens from that onto your MKZ cluster.

Or if you look hard enough and find a Mondeo cluster for an auto/petrol model, you can just use that IPC if you're OK with the firmware differences.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The price of what? Total? Depends on if you already have the tools necessary to do it yourself, pay for programming by someone else, and how much you find the new parts for.

Do you know someone who can flash my IPC or borrow a UCDS cable from?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I have the MKZ cluster. I just need it programmed. I know I'll need a lens but that will come

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ebay or other private sellers. If you're lucky you'll find someone selling just the lens/mask. They go fast tho since everyone's now doing the swap. But if you can't, you'll need to buy a Mondeo cluster and swap the mask/lens from that onto your MKZ cluster.

Or if you look hard enough and find a Mondeo cluster for an auto/petrol model, you can just use that IPC if you're OK with the firmware differences.

Hey I can use your help if you have a moment

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Sure, with what?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts