Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to swap my 400a cluster to mkz cluster having problems finding parts can u help I have a sport with big tach and big speedometer. I did find a cluster from Romania but it was for manual and it was desiel

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would like to swap my 400a cluster to mkz cluster having problems finding parts can u help I have a sport with big tach and big speedometer. I did find a cluster from Romania but it was for manual and it was desiel

Hi Awdttv. You've given very little information. What year is your Fusion Sport? Where are you located? The instrument cluster you refer to from Romania would not even be for the U.S. version of the Fusion, it would be for the E.U./European Fusion, which is a completely different vehicle that shares nothing but a name with the Fusion this forum is dedicated to.

Please post back with more information about your Fusion (i.e. model year etc). A photo would also help.

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A cluster from Romania would work for the lens/mask only. So if you want the US cluster method that would work. But if you went full Mondeo spec, that cluster won't work.

Other than that, as BBF said, we need more info on what you need.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
A cluster from Romania would work for the lens/mask only. So if you want the US cluster method that would work. But if you went full Mondeo spec, that cluster won't work.

Other than that, as BBF said, we need more info on what you need.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Any idea where I can find a lens/mask? ive looked everywhere and all the ones I can find are $200+, which is more than twice what I paid for the MKZ cluster. there must be some Chinese knockoff somewhere, or barring that some uk database that has all car parts in the area.

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There are some Chinese lenses, but sellers know exactly why most people buy them, so the market price is fairly high. And they go fast, too, as many people are doing this swap now. But I know how you feel, it doesn't feel great to pay $200 for something you're going to use a $40 part from.

Lenses may be found on eBay, and occasionally someone will get a bunch from China and sell them on the forums - those always sell fast and not too cheap.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are some Chinese lenses, but sellers know exactly why most people buy them, so the market price is fairly high. And they go fast, too, as many people are doing this swap now. But I know how you feel, it doesn't feel great to pay $200 for something you're going to use a $40 part from.

Lenses may be found on eBay, and occasionally someone will get a bunch from China and sell them on the forums - those always sell fast and not too cheap.

I can’t find any Chinese lenses. I found one that doesn’t ship to the us that was posted a while back by a 2gfusions forum user, but nothing else.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any idea where I can find a lens/mask? ive looked everywhere and all the ones I can find are $200+, which is more than twice what I paid for the MKZ cluster. there must be some Chinese knockoff somewhere, or barring that some uk database that has all car parts in the area.
I just paid $50 for my MKZ cluster and $250 for my Mondeo cluster. Its a harsh reality. Just look at the total cost, and not the cost of the lens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just paid $50 for my MKZ cluster and $250 for my Mondeo cluster. Its a harsh reality. Just look at the total cost, and not the cost of the lens.
yeah I have a lead on one from Poland for around $175. But geez an mkz cluster for $50 how’d you pull that off, I got mine for $100 and I thought I got a good deal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah I have a lead on one from Poland for around $175. But geez an mkz cluster for $50 how’d you pull that off, I got mine for $100 and I thought I got a good deal.
Bought it on ebay for $80, then they cracked the lens while taking it out of the car. Not knowing i didnt need the lens, i said i would still give them $50.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I need help with this upgrade guys, got a 2017 fusion sport. I bought a used 2014 mondeo gas (not diesel) with mph cluster , will this work for the upgrade? Cant tell if its awd version but seller says it can be programmed for either fwd or awd. Also, which lens do I need for this one?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I need help with this upgrade guys, got a 2017 fusion sport. I bought a used 2014 mondeo gas (not diesel) with mph cluster , will this work for the upgrade? Cant tell if its awd version but seller says it can be programmed for either fwd or awd. Also, which lens do I need for this one?
The lense you need is from the Mondeo, but I'm not sure if 2014 is ok. Might be too old. If the lens is the same, probably easiest to just get an American MKZ cluster and put it in the lens. Then you will have to program them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok - also, how can I determine if cluster was from an awd model? The seller tells me it doesnt matter as that can be programmed. That true?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok - also, how can I determine if cluster was from an awd model? The seller tells me it doesnt matter as that can be programmed. That true?
I don't think it matters. The only thing you lose if it's not AWD is that little AWD gauge that I dont use anyway.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't think it matters. The only thing you lose if it's not AWD is that little AWD gauge that I dont use anyway.

I would like to retain all my current functionality if possible . Don't want to lose any gauges.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this guide is extrapolated from the 2g Fusions post. That post mentions that this does not apply to Hybrid/Energi Models. I have an Energi model - apart from this mod giving dash space to an unneeded tach, would it still work? I hate the cluster on my 13 Energi (FWD, not an AWD model sadly) and I'd like to install an MKZ cluster - if I do, will the tach just go down to 0 when the car is in hybrid mode? Or is there some kind of programming conflict that would prevent any of this from working?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It's the same answer as the 2GFusions thread - Hybrid & Energi models won't work with this cluster. I'm sure you'll still get vehicle speed and radio info, but none of the hybrid programming is in the firmware. You won't have information about the electric motor, battery, re-gen/braking, electric range, overall range [gas + electric] will likely be wrong, and there are no function indicators for hybrid models (such as when the vehicle is turned on). Controls for any Hybrid/Energy specific vehicle settings (EV mode, eco/power modes) will all be gone as well.

As for anything more specific, there likely won't be great info for Hybrid/Energy Fusions here on the Sport forums.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts