Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Yes, it fits like a glove. You have to start by removing the air filter box. Set battery in front edge of battery area, terminals to the passenger side. Attach the negative terminal, then slide the battery to the rear. Attach the battery retaining clamp.
Attach positive cable. Reinstall Air filter box. What makes mine even more fun, is that I have the Steeda strut brace to
deal with.
View attachment 29803 View attachment 29804
How did you reattach the retaining clip? Is it different then what I have (19)?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
858 Posts
Take look at this. The retaining clip is offset. In your photo you see the big indentation with the bolt in it. In my photo you can just make out the edge of that indentation at the center of the battery. My retaining clip utilizes the bolt hole you see in the bottom right of your photo. In my photo you can only see about half of the retaining clip.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Tread

Reactions: BlueDust

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Take look at this. The retaining clip is offset. In your photo you see the big indentation with the bolt in it. In my photo you can just make out the edge of that indentation at the center of the battery. My retaining clip utilizes the bolt hole you see in the bottom right of your photo. In my photo you can only see about half of the retaining clip. View attachment 29808

Did you have to do any retraining or other work to make everything work/drive properly again? I don't know how this car will behave, or if modules will freak out/need reset when the battery is pulled. (I should just check out the manual. It has been a while since I opened it up. lol).
In a previous car, it could take up to two weeks for the car to stop stalling at red lights (not a Ford).... And it was a manual, every time I held the clutch, it stalled. I would have to hold the gas pedal, clutch and brake when stopped.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Here is the only thing you should have to do, if you install the battery yourself.

Here is the method I found for US model cars.

Method #2 is for those in US markets or without a rear fog lamp switch.
  1. Get in vehicle, close doors
  2. Turn on ignition (but don't start)
  3. Wait for battery light to come up
  4. Flash brights 5 times
  5. Press and release brake 3 times
  6. Battery symbol on dashboard should flash after 5-10 seconds
The same YouTube commenters confirm this process works for the 2011 Edge, 2013 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2016 Ford F-150, 2016 Edge, and 2017 Explorer, 2017 Ford F`150,

Hope this works

Here is the link to the full article. Ford Battery Management System
Found to be an enlightening read.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Here is the only thing you should have to do, if you install the battery yourself.
How long have you had the battery in the car? I assume you have had zero problems.
With the stock battery, even have long drives, things can stop working. The most obvious to me is the passenger side door handle module shuts down to save power, and I can't unlock/lock it by just touching the door handle. My last two Fusions never had this problem. Gets me everytime.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I bought the car in 2019 and it had an a H7 already installed. That battery died in October 2021. I have had no problems with the new battery. I prefer to use the Walmart brand batteries, but in October 2021, these batteries were hard to come by. Lots of empty shelves. So I purchased this one. Glad to help when and where I can.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
FYI and Question.
I am trying to order the parts for the level 3 tail lights and the trunk handle... Dealer told me the trunk handle was a discontinued part. Not available to order. Anyone know if the part number changed? It wasn't clear if he was trying to tell me if there is not a new part number (part really 100% discontinued) or if he was just not able to confirm/look up it up at all.
FS7Z-54434A14-BA

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI and Question.
I am trying to order the parts for the level 3 tail lights and the trunk handle... Dealer told me the trunk handle was a discontinued part. Not available to order. Anyone know if the part number changed? It wasn't clear if he was trying to tell me if there is not a new part number (part really 100% discontinued) or if he was just not able to confirm/look up it up at all.
FS7Z-54434A14-BA

I wanted to swap my 17” Fusion sport trunk lid decal with a 2015 I really don’t like the chrome and miss my old Fusion that had the same color on the trunk I would assume they used the same trunk for all Ford Fusion models up to 19’ so I should be able to remove the camera panel on a 15’ Fusion and tail lights and switch to my 17’ should it work ?

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Automotive lighting Bag Luggage and bags Wood Tints and shades

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Much Better.
Even the wife approves the new lights!

Reactions: FusionPhil

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Much better. Definitely gotta do mine. How long it take ya?
Should take less then an hour
I bet if I didn't pause once 45 to 60 min easy and taking my time.
I stopped at least twice for various reasons.... And checked my watch after I was done (and in the middle of showing my wife) and it said ~1hr 15 min total time.

Only had one real problem. A few of the old press pins attached to the old wire harness half broke off and took me a few minutes to realize the problem and get a view from inside the trunk. I pressed (popped) the broke off part into the trunk arm with a small screw driver before I could attach the new wiring harness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should take less then an hour
I bet if I didn't pause once 45 to 60 min easy and taking my time.
I stopped at least twice for various reasons.... And checked my watch after I was done (and in the middle of showing my wife) and it said ~1hr 15 min total time.

Only had one real problem. A few of the old press pins attached to the old wire harness half broke off and took me a few minutes to realize the problem and get a view from inside the trunk. I pressed (popped) the broke off part into the trunk arm with a small screw driver before I could attach the new wiring harness.
Thanks for the info BlueDust. Really looks good. Does everything still work as normal, like camera, and trunk button? Saw some folks had problems with harness.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
Thanks for the info BlueDust. Really looks good. Does everything still work as normal, like camera, and trunk button? Saw some folks had problems with harness.
Yes everything worked first try.
Tested trunk button and that special light that makes it a level 3 before I had the wire harness installed. Once everything was done I tested the button again, reverse lights, and camera.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes everything worked first try.
Tested trunk button and that special light that makes it a level 3 before I had the wire harness installed. Once everything was done I tested the button again, reverse lights, and camera.
That's good to hear. I've been lookin at doing this mod for a while now. If you don't mind me asking, who did you go through for the new lights?

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
276 Posts
That's good to hear. I've been lookin at doing this mod for a while now. If you don't mind me asking, who did you go through for the new lights?
It's a local dealer and didn't need to pay for shipping. Also noticed after I found this site, they also sell parts on their main dealership website for higher prices.
I only found it after another Fusion modder told me about a Ford parts website located in Florida.
Looking into that website found many dealerships used that same website template and then from that, the dealership near me.
Seems dealers who use this website template have similar prices. As such they probably all use the same vendor, possibly cloud service provider to manage their websites.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's a local dealer and didn't need to pay for shipping. Also noticed after I found this site, noticed they also sell parts on their main dealership website for higher prices. Seems this website is cloned for many dealerships with similar prices. I only found it after another Fusion modder told me about a Ford parts website located in Florida.
Looking into that website found many dealerships used that same website and then the dealership near me.
Thanks alot BlueDust. I will definitely be looking.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts