Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

Registered
Aside from the center chrome trim piece anyone know if the '19 inner lights will fit the space the same if on a '17/'18' ?

Registered
Thank you for this! Got the assemblies for a good deal but didn't realize the harness needed to be changed. Just spent the last hour trying to find the correct one for my 2019 and just couldn't find it. Found this forum and ordered the correct one. Thank you so much because I would have been lost without it

Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
Anyone know if there is a diff with part number ending in A instead of B or H?

Found a site that has them listed but the part number is: HS7Z-13404-A. Its listed as level 3 light so just making sure i'm not going crazy.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
The "-A" revision is only 'level 1'.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Registered
Alright everything is in. They look great. Super easy install compared to the FMIC last week lol.
So now the dumb question. I double and triple checked all the plugs (snapped together etc) and for some reason the trunk open button doesn鈥檛 work on the deck lid now.

Everything else works flawlessly. I鈥檓 at a loss. Made sure some setting didn鈥檛 get reset on the car when I tested before buttoning it all up.

Any suggestions? I鈥檓 at a loss.

Registered
Alright everything is in. They look great. Super easy install compared to the FMIC last week lol.
So now the dumb question. I double and triple checked all the plugs (snapped together etc) and for some reason the trunk open button doesn鈥檛 work on the deck lid now.

Everything else works flawlessly. I鈥檓 at a loss. Made sure some setting didn鈥檛 get reset on the car when I tested before buttoning it all up.

Any suggestions? I鈥檓 at a loss.
Same thing happened to me. It seems to be a short in the harness that Tasca sent me. I took the new harness back out, made sure it isn鈥檛 twisted internally anywhere and all the wires are as 鈥渓oose鈥 inside of it as they can be, reinstalled, and now it works about 80% of the time.

also, im worried it鈥檚 a ground, because the inner tails, and license plate lights go out when the trunk opens fully, and I鈥檓 not sure that鈥檚 a feature or a sensor. I just hope to god they鈥檙e not flickering while I鈥檓 going down the road. I have a post above griping about that, and the reverse camera dynamic guidelines.

good luck finding the issue.

Registered
Same thing happened to me. It seems to be a short in the harness that Tasca sent me. I took the new harness back out, made sure it isn鈥檛 twisted internally anywhere and all the wires are as 鈥渓oose鈥 inside of it as they can be, reinstalled, and now it works about 80% of the time.

also, im worried it鈥檚 a ground, because the inner tails, and license plate lights go out when the trunk opens fully, and I鈥檓 not sure that鈥檚 a feature or a sensor. I just hope to god they鈥檙e not flickering while I鈥檓 going down the road. I have a post above griping about that, and the reverse camera dynamic guidelines.

good luck finding the issue.
Well at least I鈥檓 not alone lol. Sounds like maybe the harness itself? I Deff made sure to run things smoothly and keep the harness 鈥榮traight鈥 so as not to twist it as I moved along.

Guess I鈥檒l check the plugs to the camera and stuff next make sure it鈥檚 all snug and not a loose connection.

Registered
Alright I hope this is a helpful update. I couldn't find any information on this anywhere and other than 65dustin no one else spoke up about the issue with the trunk button not working after swapping the harness.

Don't know if it was a trim issue with the one I got...turned out the plug in the harness that goes to the license plate lights and the button was wrong.

This is the plug and the bottom wire/prong needs to be moved to the other side:
Automotive tire Finger Circuit component Motor vehicle Electronic component
Finger Gadget Electrical wiring Electronic component Cable

First, lift up this tab outward (both sides) and then slide down to release the prongs:
Gadget Cable Wire Electrical wiring Auto part
Finger Dvi cable Cable Thumb Electronic device

Then using a small pick you just need to release the tab inside that holds the prong in place. Just push inside and you'll feel it click almost while you pull on the wire at the same time.
Finger Thumb Electrical wiring Gas Cable
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Finger Thumb Electrical wiring Gas Cable

Once it releases just lift out and plug into the other spot. Now everything works perfectly!

**Just to be clear, these pictures are from the stock harness so the wire is in the correct spot in these pictures. I'm just showing the process to swap it so that the new harness works correctly. Hope this helps peeps!

Attachments

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
About to make an order, and as it has been awhile, I wanted to confirm the parts I will order are still correct...
Also, skimmed the posts and it appears some people have had problems. Among other things.... Where the camera lines don't show up, or like the above where the pin (trunk button) locations are not correct.
I have a 19, and wanted to make sure these are still not only the correct part numbers but also if I should prepare to fix any other problems (need other parts or tools I should order at the same time to fix known problems... as mentioned above).
Rectangle Font Parallel Logo Brand

Thanks!

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
Also, did you guys have any problems ordering parts not approved for the VIN of your Sports? I had a local dealer refuse to sell me something because their computer said it wasn't for my car....

• Wow
Reactions: Engineer

Registered
Also, did you guys have any problems ordering parts not approved for the VIN of your Sports? I had a local dealer refuse to sell me something because their computer said it wasn't for my car....
Find a better dealer. Their job at the parts counter in this situation is to do two things:

1. Let you know if the part isn't listed as compatible with your car.

2. Sell you the part anyway if you want it.

That's it. They don't get to decide to not sell it to you. I mean they can I guess but why? And if they do, I'd never do business with them again.

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
Find a better dealer. Their job at the parts counter in this situation is to do two things:

1. Let you know if the part isn't listed as compatible with your car.

2. Sell you the part anyway if you want it.

That's it. They don't get to decide to not sell it to you. I mean they can I guess but why? And if they do, I'd never do business with them again.
I was pretty pissed. Their Service Rep went the extra mile to talk to a tech who knows the electrical systems best (at that dealer, a few times over 3 days) about what batteries would work in the Sport, and told me if I could get it to fit, the larger battery they put in hybrids would work. He went to the parts counter with me and the Parts guy was an ass. The Service Rep explained the situation, and then just seemed defeated as the Parts guy wouldn't budge. Never got the battery, and now just waiting for the stock one to get bad enough to get replaced under warranty. You know, because they wouldn't let me buy a battery with more power.

Registered
I was pretty pissed. Their Service Rep went the extra mile to talk to a tech who knows the electrical systems best (at that dealer, a few times over 3 days) about what batteries would work in the Sport, and told me if I could get it to fit, the larger battery they put in hybrids would work. He went to the parts counter with me and the Parts guy was an ass. The Service Rep explained the situation, and then just seemed defeated as the Parts guy wouldn't budge. Never got the battery, and now just waiting for the stock one to get bad enough to get replaced under warranty. You know, because they wouldn't let me buy a battery with more power.
It sounds like their parts department at that dealership is terrible. I never understood why some people are like that. I mean wouldn't it be better to just sell you what you want, as long as you understand how it's not listed as compatible? If you can make a go of it what's the problem? They make a sale, you're happy, everybody wins.

Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
Just so you know, I have a H7 DL6 Duralast Gold installed. Definitely larger than the stock battery.

Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
Just so you know, I have a H7 DL6 Duralast Gold installed. Definitely larger than the stock battery.
How did you get that battery to fit? I can see that it would fill the battery hole fairly well, but how were you able to get it clamped down?
I haven't tried yet but went to the store (not a dealer) to check it out and it was a tad bigger then the stock battery. A tad bigger in every direction (except width).

Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
Yes, it fits like a glove. You have to start by removing the air filter box. Set battery in front edge of battery area, terminals to the passenger side. Attach the negative terminal, then slide the battery to the rear. Attach the battery retaining clamp.
Attach positive cable. Reinstall Air filter box. What makes mine even more fun, is that I have the Steeda strut brace to
deal with.
Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

81 - 100 of 117 Posts