·
Registered
81 Posts
Tasca for me. $400 even shipped.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yes, and SEL. Anything that's below Titanium trim level.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes, and SEL. Anything that's below Titanium trim level.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I know you're just referencing Ford's statements on the relative pecking order of the members of the Fusion lineup, but every time I see this I cringe. :rolleyes: I don't consider the FFS to be beneath the Titanium. There's a reason why Lincoln always uses the stronger drivetrains in their vehicles, and it's not because Lincoln drivers (well, except some on here) are zipping around at high speed, accelerating like crazy, or anything like that. The stronger drivetrain is just better. It's smoother, it's quieter, it's arguably more reliable. That's a huge part of a vehicle. Plus, comparing the Titanium and the FFS, I don't see us coming up short unless you get maybe a fully-loaded Titanium. Or a Platinum. Now, against a Platinum we do lose on the interior. But it just seems silly the way they positioned these cars like that. It would have been better to offer the stronger drivetrain in the Platinum and Titanium if they're going to claim they're better.

Reactions: sho1 and maydk65

·
Registered
284 Posts
How are the two wiring harnesses,
HG9Z-17K400-F and KG9Z-17K400-H, different? I'm having a hard time finding the KG one but I can get the HG one

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know you're just referencing Ford's statements on the relative pecking order of the members of the Fusion lineup, but every time I see this I cringe. :rolleyes: I don't consider the FFS to be beneath the Titanium. There's a reason why Lincoln always uses the stronger drivetrains in their vehicles, and it's not because Lincoln drivers (well, except some on here) are zipping around at high speed, accelerating like crazy, or anything like that. The stronger drivetrain is just better. It's smoother, it's quieter, it's arguably more reliable. That's a huge part of a vehicle. Plus, comparing the Titanium and the FFS, I don't see us coming up short unless you get maybe a fully-loaded Titanium. Or a Platinum. Now, against a Platinum we do lose on the interior. But it just seems silly the way they positioned these cars like that. It would have been better to offer the stronger drivetrain in the Platinum and Titanium if they're going to claim they're better.
You know he was just acknowledging my question of which trim levels had the level 1 taillights, and wasn't comparing the trims in order of which one was better or better equipped, right??

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
How are the two wiring harnesses,
HG9Z-17K400-F and KG9Z-17K400-H, different? I'm having a hard time finding the KG one but I can get the HG one
What model year is your car?
The KG9Z-17K400-H is for the 2019s
The HG9Z-17K400-B is for the 2017-2018s

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You know he was just acknowledging my question of which trim levels had the level 1 taillights, and wasn't comparing the trims in order of which one was better or better equipped, right??
I know. He was just helping by providing the relevant trim levels. Just to be clear, my beef isn't with @DaMiFo (who is a pretty awesome dude and has helped me out many times on here). My beef is with Ford's decision to rank the trims they way they do; nothing more than that.

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
@Engineer I totally agree - I mean I get their excuse for why the Sport is lower (technically... because of the 400A package's interior equipment), but yeah it bugs me too lol. Just because it doesn't come with the touchscreen on the base option level, that makes our cars with a TTV6, standard AWD, CCD struts, and ANC a "lower trim trim level" than a 2.0L FWD model!! I mean, the Sport even costs more!! :rolleyes:

OK I'm done. lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
@Engineer I totally agree - I mean I get their excuse for why the Sport is lower (technically... because of the 400A package's interior equipment), but yeah it bugs me too lol. Just because it doesn't come with the touchscreen on the base option level, that makes our cars with a TTV6, standard AWD, CCD struts, and ANC a "lower trim trim level" than a 2.0L FWD model!! I mean, the Sport even costs more!! :rolleyes:

OK I'm done. lol
Yeah the reason it cost more was the 2.7L in it. Ford always charges a premium for the performance engines and then used the base or mid level trim. That way they keep the profit per unit up.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well, sort of... In every other model, it's true you could get the performance model with less features than other models (like you said). But they're still the "highest badge" of that vehicle (with the exception of Platinum models - but that I get part).

The fact that only on the 2.5G Fusion, the Sport (400A) was lower in rank compared to the Titanium (500A), when all other Fords had the performance-engine model on top, is mildly frustrating to us fanatics.

It only makes it worse that the Fusion's platform-mate, the Edge, had the exact same trim levels (excluding "S"), with Sport being the highest, as it should be.

·
Registered
81 Posts
did you get your trunk button working?
Yeah! It was a short in the new harness. A little adjustment of the position and it’s good.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well that sticker it's an engineering number. Luckily Ford can cross reference it. This is the LH inner taillight for a 2019-20 Fusion level 3😁

61 - 80 of 92 Posts