Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
No luck on the camera settings. And I killed my battery in the process. Amazingly the inner LEDs aren't even working. I'm going to try to get another new harness, but first a trip to the dealer and play dumb. "It's so weird, the camera just lost it's guidlelines the same time the inner LED's went out."

·
Registered
60 Posts
No luck on the camera settings. And I killed my battery in the process. Amazingly the inner LEDs aren't even working. I'm going to try to get another new harness, but first a trip to the dealer and play dumb. "It's so weird, the camera just lost it's guidlelines the same time the inner LED's went out."
Good luck to you, hopefully you get all squared away. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dealer was no help. Camera has a dtc. It's not the harness, just reprogramming of the camera. It's worth noting this thread that this is a possibility. Many reports across the interwebs regarding ford cameras with absolutely no resolution outside of paying a dealer $100. I'd honestly be ok if the tails would actually work.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So if you install your factory harness it still doesn't work?

Did you try the #1 rule of electronics (reboot - pull the batter cable for a few minutes and reconnect)?

The reason there's tons of questions on how to fix cameras doing this with no results is becausw 99% of the time you need to replace the faulty camera, which people refuse to do or buy cheap amazon/ebay cameras. Not saying that's necessarily the case with you, but that's just why you really find no answers on this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
72 Posts
So if you install your factory harness it still doesn't work?

Did you try the #1 rule of electronics (reboot - pull the batter cable for a few minutes and reconnect)?

The reason there's tons of questions on how to fix cameras doing this with no results is becausw 99% of the time you need to replace the faulty camera, which people refuse to do or buy cheap amazon/ebay cameras. Not saying that's necessarily the case with you, but that's just why you really find no answers on this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
The factory harness allows the camera to work fine. I did that before I looked into forscan. It's weird. I just bought another harness just to test.

Edit- I also pulled the negative cable as a test. I appreciate the reminder though.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
@DaMiFo Can you please update the first post to include information for 2019 Sport owners:

Part numbers for 2019 Sport are:
KS7Z-13404-G (rh inner lvl3)
KS7Z-13405-K (lh inner lvl3)
KG9Z-17K400-H (lvl3 & lvl4 harness)

Reactions: 19sport

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Verified p/n and updated original post. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the level 3 lights on a 19? I googled around but couldn't find any good shots with them illuminated.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
It's looks the same. The only difference is the assemblies themselves to accommodate the different chrome trim pieces.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
Mine I just installed yesterday. The assemblies actually come with the chrome pieces already attached, so the install is actually that much easier, but they cost more.

Reactions: DaMiFo and 19sport

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just did this yesterday and lost functionality of my backup camera dynamic steering lines and trunk button. Not the worst thing in the world, but I did really like the trunk release button. Hate to find out if the dealer has any answers :(

All parts came from Tasca and had the ford logo on it. I think it's something in the computer.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Did you get the correct harness? Try connecting your old harness just between the main harness and the button/latch and camera to verify that is the issue. If it starts working again, there's something up with that harness (or it's the wrong one). What model year is your Sport?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quick question: just did this swap, wanted to swap out the reverse bulbs included with my LeVeL 3 tails for the LED reverse bulbs I had in the LeVeL 1 tails...my LED bulbs seemed bigger at the stem & wouldn't fit...any idea if there's a difference in bulb size? Google shows the Reverse lights should be 921? Which is the same size of what I already have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, correct harness; same part number as the one recommended on here. 2017. Hoping the button is a connection issue not a computer issue though I’d hate to have to purchase another harness for a bad wire/connection. Maybe Tasca would take it back.

@JRocZilla2.7 i did the same thing the LED boards were thick and just needed a little persuasion to fit but they work fine.

I bought these for the reverse lamps: Rayhoo 1000 lumens Extremely... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJKIUP8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Huge improvement over the incandescents. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, correct harness; same part number as the one recommended on here. 2017. Hoping the button is a connection issue not a computer issue though I’d hate to have to purchase another harness for a bad wire/connection. Maybe Tasca would take it back.

@JRocZilla2.7 i did the same thing the LED boards were thick and just needed a little persuasion to fit but they work fine.

I bought these for the reverse lamps: Rayhoo 1000 lumens Extremely... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJKIUP8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Huge improvement over the incandescents. Good luck.
These are the ones I have. I'll give it another go and try to persuade them in a bit harder 😁

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dynamic camera lines came back by themselves! Huzzah!

I probably forgot to connect the trunk button connector or something; still not working. Looking at it this weekend.

Sweet “after” pic!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to replace your trunk tail lights on a 2017+ Fusion (to upgrade to Level 3 trunk tail lamps).
Note: This has been updated with 2019 Fusion part numbers

For those unfamiliar, this is the difference between Level 1 inner tail lights (bottom picture, stock on Sport models) and Level 3 inner tail lights (top - upgraded for the Sport, stock on Titanium and Platinum).

There is no software programming involved in this swap, just hardware.

--------

1) First, you'll need the right parts

a) Tail lights:
MY '17-18:
-- HS7Z-13405-H
-- HS7Z-13404-H
-- Older stock may end in -B. Just make sure parts say "Level 3" if ordering new.

MY '19:
-- KS7Z-13404-G
-- KS7Z-13405-K
-- Older stock may end in -B, -E, or -G. Just make sure parts say "Level 3" if ordering new.

b) Trunk lid wire harness:
MY '17-'18: HG9Z-17K400-B
MY '19: KG9Z-17K400-H

c) Interior trim tools are strongly recommended to preserve your clips & rivets: such as these.

--------

2) Start by removing the trim & carpeting

a) Remove the two pop rivets circled in green. Lift your trunk floor, then pull the entire trim peice off (towards the inside of the trunk / away from you).

b) On the driver's side, unscrew the cargo net anchors (blue) and use your trim tools to pull out the push rivet (red). Pull the carpeting away from you to reveal your VDM. We'll come back here later.

c) Remove the trunk lid liner by removing all 7 push rivets (blue).

d) Optionally, you can remove the trunk handle cover if you plan to remove the handle (if you have one). I did not, as I was able to easily just hold the cover out of my way for a minute. To do this, you'll have to remove the top screw (blue), then remove the second screw (green, hidden in image but directly behind where the green circle is).

e) Pull back (or remove) the trunk liner. Again, I was able to squeeze behind the liner leaving it just like this.

--------

3) Replace the tail lights

a) Remove the chrome strip. Use a wedge trim removal tool (I also wrapped it in a paper towel to keep from scratching), and pry the chrome strip out of the tail lights. It is held in by clips. It takes some force, but it'll start to pop out towards you.

I only removed the two clips on each tail lights and was able to slightly bend the strip (with no adverse effects) to slide the tail lights out to the side, but the middle part is held in with the same style clips.

b) Unplug the reverse bulb connectors.

c) Remove the 3 screws holding each tail light to the trunk

d) Install your new tail light assemblies & chrome trim (you won't be able to plug in the lights yet).

--------

4) Replace the wire harness

a) Start by unplugging the wire harness from around the VDM. We are replacing the wire that you see running along the trunk hinge. Follow it to the connector and disconnect it.

b) Plug in the new harness to where you just disconnected it.

c) Start replacing the harness inside the trunk. Work down the line up-clipping the harness from the body/trunk one clip at a time (red arrows), while securing the new harness to the car after each section of the old one you remove. You will end at the passenger-side tail light.

Be sure to plug in each connector as you go. The only different connectors are the two that connect to the tail lights. The trunk button, backup camera, and trunk latch are all the same.

--------

5) After everything is connected, turn on your headlights or parking lights to make sure the trunk lights are lit up. If they are not, double check each connector is plugged in all the way. As stated above, no programming is needed.

6) Reinstall all your carpeting & trim.

7) Enjoy your new classy rear end ;)
Which website did you order these from?

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 92 Posts