Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
No luck on the camera settings. And I killed my battery in the process. Amazingly the inner LEDs aren't even working. I'm going to try to get another new harness, but first a trip to the dealer and play dumb. "It's so weird, the camera just lost it's guidlelines the same time the inner LED's went out."

·
Registered
32 Posts
No luck on the camera settings. And I killed my battery in the process. Amazingly the inner LEDs aren't even working. I'm going to try to get another new harness, but first a trip to the dealer and play dumb. "It's so weird, the camera just lost it's guidlelines the same time the inner LED's went out."
Good luck to you, hopefully you get all squared away. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dealer was no help. Camera has a dtc. It's not the harness, just reprogramming of the camera. It's worth noting this thread that this is a possibility. Many reports across the interwebs regarding ford cameras with absolutely no resolution outside of paying a dealer $100. I'd honestly be ok if the tails would actually work.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So if you install your factory harness it still doesn't work?

Did you try the #1 rule of electronics (reboot - pull the batter cable for a few minutes and reconnect)?

The reason there's tons of questions on how to fix cameras doing this with no results is becausw 99% of the time you need to replace the faulty camera, which people refuse to do or buy cheap amazon/ebay cameras. Not saying that's necessarily the case with you, but that's just why you really find no answers on this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
So if you install your factory harness it still doesn't work?

Did you try the #1 rule of electronics (reboot - pull the batter cable for a few minutes and reconnect)?

The reason there's tons of questions on how to fix cameras doing this with no results is becausw 99% of the time you need to replace the faulty camera, which people refuse to do or buy cheap amazon/ebay cameras. Not saying that's necessarily the case with you, but that's just why you really find no answers on this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
The factory harness allows the camera to work fine. I did that before I looked into forscan. It's weird. I just bought another harness just to test.

Edit- I also pulled the negative cable as a test. I appreciate the reminder though.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts