Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wonder if junkyard prices have come down over the past few years.. if you can take them off any platinum, titanium, hybrid, and energi, they should be readily available anywhere. I'll ask another easy question, do the extra lights only stay on while in park, or in regular driving too?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The tail lights only are on with the park lights & headlights, they're not part of the DRLs - behaves the same with or without the trunk lights.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought my lamps through Tasca. Each light was $150 + $80 core charge. The wiring harness was $40. So, $500 plus shipping. Not cheap, but I couldn't resist. I still have to send the old lamps back for the core refund. That'd get me back down to $340 which isn't bad. I'm slightly skeptical of whether they will refund the core charge since the lamps I'm returning aren't the same part number. I think I might try selling them on ebay instead.
I’m not seeing they require a core anymore unless it’s only popping up at checkout. Something like $320 total from Tasca.
Oops, I looked again and it’s still $80 per light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, for a great post! 👍🙏 I hope find those level3 lights in Europe when my car arrives 🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just completed level 3 swap it was very easy especially with the use of this excellent write up. I purchased new ones, because after checking numerous junk yards I couldn't find them. I also checked ebay which had them, but were just as expensive as new ones. Finally after checking numerous Ford oem parts online I got them for around $480.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm getting bored so looking at doing this again. Are we sure that all versions of titanium and platinum 17-18 have them? There's 6 different versions technically, the base titanium and platinum, then energi and and hybrid versions. So all 6 trims have them?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes...we are very sure. All 2017-2018 Fusion+Hybrid and Energi trim lines have "level 3" tail lights on the Titanium models and higher...

The '17-'18 Hybrid and Energi models actually have them on the SE Luxury group models as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've also just come across this differentiation on Energi models, it mentions 'plug in' while the others do not. Perhaps the data entry person didn't feel like putting plug-in for all the others but maybe there's a difference there?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What do you mean? All Energi models, and only Energi models, are PHEV / plug-in vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sadly it look like the 2019 and 2020 Fusion Titanium models do not have the level 3 taillights. At least not on the one model I was looking at in person.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It looks like only the19/20 "Hybrid Titanium" that has them now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
An interesting issue has arisen. My enhanced park aid on the rear camera doesn't work with the new harness. The camera works but no guidance lines while turning. I've checked and double checked each connector and it seems they are good. Weird though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
An interesting issue has arisen. My enhanced park aid on the rear camera doesn't work with the new harness. The camera works but no guidance lines while turning. I've checked and double checked each connector and it seems they are good. Weird though.
Did the system get reset when you unplugged the old harness. I think the guid lines are a feature you can turn on and off? Maybe you can toggle them back on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did the system get reset when you unplugged the old harness. I think the guid lines are a feature you can turn on and off? Maybe you can toggle them back on?
I tried to toggle them off and on again, but no luck as of yet. I left a couple of retainer clips off for testing anyways and I think i'll just unplug and replug that harness just to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
In Fords the guide lines only show up with programmed / initialized cameras. Did you get the harness from a reliable source? Makes me think there's a connection issue somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
In Fords the guide lines only show up with programmed / initialized cameras. Did you get the harness from a reliable source? Makes me think there's a connection issue somewhere.

Yeah, it's from a ford dealer. I found some info that I can use to reprogram in forscan. Once my adaptor arrives I'll try it.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts