Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the recent snow fall i finally got my winter tires installed and wanted to go test them out in an empty parking lot the best way possible, DONUTS! Disabled the traction control, but when trying to do a donut, the automatic braking and traction control kept kicking in. So I turned on sport mode which allowed me to get more side ways, but eventually the traction control would still hit the brakes on me. I was not able to do a proper donut. Any ideas? Is there a special way to fully disable traction control? I know on my last car a Jeep Grand Cherokee, if i was stopped and held down the traction control button for 5 seconds it would fully disable it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
. . . wanted to go test them out in an empty parking lot the best way possible, DONUTS! . . .
You bought the wrong car if this is your goal. Stability control (which can't be defeated) and a decent AWD system are both doing everything in their power to ruin your "fun." My last two cars (an Audi Quattro and an AWD BMW) behaved the same way. They could be made to slide slide sideways but would do everything possible to prevent the tail from coming around.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
So with all the recent snow fall i finally got my winter tires installed and wanted to go test them out in an empty parking lot the best way possible, DONUTS! Disabled the traction control, but when trying to do a donut, the automatic braking and traction control kept kicking in. So I turned on sport mode which allowed me to get more side ways, but eventually the traction control would still hit the brakes on me. I was not able to do a proper donut. Any ideas? Is there a special way to fully disable traction control? I know on my last car a Jeep Grand Cherokee, if i was stopped and held down the traction control button for 5 seconds it would fully disable it.
My mustang is that way. Foot on the brake, hold traction control down for 5-6 seconds and then all nannies are off.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I was getting a little sideways the other day, and was planning to get a video today. However, it turns out I signed up for an overtime shift forever ago that I forgot about, so I'm stuck at work for the remainder of my 17 hour shift... Probably not gonna happen today.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I did a little drifting in the snow. These Continentals really make a racket when you get sideways. Maybe there wasn't enough snow.
Yeah, I noticed that the first time we got a tiny bit of snow and I tried it. I thought it was the stability control having a tantrum, but now that I did it on a better (or worse?) surface, I have more hope that I might be able to have some fun in the snow after all.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 5 of 5 Posts