Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my brand new 2019 FFS and I’m looking to see when everyone else maintains their cars? The car says it doesn’t need an oil change til June of 2022 but now way will I wait that long. How often does everyone change oil, rotate tires,(being an awd vehicle, I would assume that’s pretty important) transmission maintenance, spark plugs, and any other thing that you maintain on the vehicle that comes to mind. Like everyone else, I want my car to last 200k+ miles.
p.s. does everyone use motorcraft like manual says. If not let me know what brand you use.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance, oil change every 5k. If you do not intend on getting a catch can, do not go beyond 7,500 miles between oil changes. If you do, your oil is going to have too much fuel in it and you will lose the viscosity level you need.

Use only top tier gas. Google for brand names. I use Shell & Chevron.

PTU change @ 30k. RDU @ 30k. Transmission drain & refill @ 30k.
With that said all these are based on how hard you are on your car. PTU & RDU are supposed to be "Lifetime". Don't buy into that BS.

I suggest you immediately check your transmission fluid level. The car ships new with a low level. Dip stick is under the air filter box.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I suggest you immediately check your transmission fluid level. The car ships new with a low level. Dip stick is under the air filter box
It bears repeating!!

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
260 Posts
I suggest you immediately check your transmission fluid level. The car ships new with a low level. Dip stick is under the air filter box.
A third time no less. My 2019 was a full quart low from the factory. You have to remove/move the air filter assembly to get to the dipstick.

Make sure you follow the appropriate checking method.
"Only check the transmission fluid level when the engine is at normal operating temperature 179–199°F (82–93°C). Normal operating temperature is reached after driving approximately 20 mi (30 km)."

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
First PTU change can not wait 30K miles. My first change was 8K or so and it was sludge.
My second change was 30K later and it looked brand new.

First change at or about 10K

Second change 30K later (oil seemed almost brand new)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts