• No I won't tune

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there newer member here, name is Jeremy but most of you who have been in the Ecoboost world before the Fusion Sport probably know me as hemiCouple. I would like to know how many of you will purchase a tune for your Fusion.
I am not interested in this thread becoming which device is best, which tuner is best, warranty, or any other information other than who here will buy an AFTERMARKET calibration of any sort.

Thanks,
Jeremy "hemiCouple"
Stratified Automotive Controls

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't have a FS yet, but tuning options are a prerequisite for me. I won't buy one until I hear what type of improvements may be available with a tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I contacted Ford Racing Performance and they said they haven't started working on it b/c they are so focused on the new Raptor and the Focus RS, but I read somewhere that ROUSH was working on a Stage 1.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Never tuned before, but I'll consider it if I believe it's worth the money.

So...short answer....TBD?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I will see what ends up happening. I am in no way needing a tune, but if one comes out that is an ok price that has a good reputation and does some good things, I will probably do it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm happy with the performance as-is. If I wanted a car with questionable reliability and no warranty, I'd have kept my BMW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
based on our initial research 400hp (crank) or so is gonna be all you can get off the stock turbos, they are very very small. But again I want to reiterate this is very very early research

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still in the early stages of shopping for a car. I'm buying after my deployment this year. But from what I've seen so far, I'm another that won't buy a FFS unless a good, safe tune comes out. Stock it just doesn't quite hit what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The other side to this for me is that I live in Wisconsin. This is my every day car. I need it to be reliable and safe in all conditions to 100 degrees and sunny to -50 blizzards. At the same time, my plan is once the new fusion is paid off, I will be hopefully keeping it as an every day driver, but then I hope to add a summer only performance car to my garage and that will be the one I mod and play with.

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never had a tune before but will strongly consider it on my FuSpo.
The only reason I wouldn't is if it's not idiot proof😳.
Everybody on the forum seems to have experience with them in the past. It's got to be simple to install for a person that has no idea how to do it!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
As I ordered my sport today, I'll throw my hat in the ring for tuning it. This will be my first ecoboost, so I'm hoping it's not a bust. Not new to the tuning world as I had a 6.4 power stroke with a custom 345 horse tune. And boy was that truck fun to drive!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts