Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to use a neighbor's Audi SQ5 as the snow piles up. So i only have 4000 miles on the Sport and have owned it since July. Only one trouble since new, the PTU seal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have about 4500 since Thanksgiving. No problems so far!

·
Registered
103 Posts
4,212 miles since mid-September. PTU seal and bushing replaced at around 3,400 miles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had my Sport since November and have put just under 5,000 miles on it! No problems, thankfully!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Picked it up in July and have ~8,000 miles on it so far. I have minor new car issues: speaker buzz in driver door, a bit of slop in the driver's seat bracket, and that plastic thing hanging down in front of the intercooler. In general it's been great to drive.

·
Registered
246 Posts
2500 miles since mid October, my commute is only 16 miles round trip. Dead battery problem under 1000 miles, but nothing since I got the new battery. Took longer to get the new tire from my run-in with a pothole than dealing with battery troubles.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had mine since first week in august and have 12,700 miles. And still loving it. Also just pulled in to to get a haircut in strongsville and parked by accident next to a ruby red sport. Amazing since it's only the 2nd one I've seen since August.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
82 Posts
6800 since July. Only problem was hitting the largest raccoon I've ever seen.

·
Registered
624 Posts
July 18th delivery. 8020 miles. No real problems what so ever.

Did have a sheet of paper in the air box.
Once in a blue moon(happened 3, 4 times maybe) rear passenger side brake makes the loudest "squeak" ever, and only in reverse. Sounds horrific actually. Anybody else had that?

·
Registered
296 Posts

Once in a blue moon(happened 3, 4 times maybe) rear passenger side brake makes the loudest "squeak" ever, and only in reverse. Sounds horrific actually. Anybody else had that?
Anytime there is a lot of moisture in the air or rain and it sits. Every time it sequels. That's just the rust that builds up on the brakes.

·
Registered
320 Posts

All the time backing out of my driveway, but not unexpected with it being winter and the roads covered in salt and debris. My Flex also squealed the same way and the rear discs lasted 55K miles.

Only got 1550 miles on mine so far, but she is running well, save for the battery death issue, which I mitigate using a battery tender overnight a couple of times a week.

I have had the LSPI (Low speed pre-ignition) happen a few times, but now I know what causes it and how to avoid it. Basically if I get stuck behind traffic on the highway for extended periods with the engine running around 1700 - 2200 rpm I know to roll the throttle up vice wooding it to pass once a safe opening occurs.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
3,350 from October 6th and trouble free

·
Registered
624 Posts
Anytime there is a lot of moisture in the air or rain and it sits. Every time it sequels. That's just the rust that builds up on the brakes.
Yeah, I've had plenty of brakes squeak when wet, I probably should have used a different term, but I don't know how to explain the sound. Sounds closer to what would be expected when say wheel bearings/brake pads cease maybe. I don't know, interesting it's just one wheel, only in reverse, only a few times while certainly having wet conditions more often. Nothing noticeable from a feel perspective but shockingly loud and horrible sounding.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought mine the end of November.
Currently have 5,200 miles on it.
Other than being on my THIRD battery, no other issues.
I just make sure to start and run it for a few minutes if it's sitting for more than 2-3 days.
I also have a "battery booster" charged up and in the trunk, but I haven't had to use it.

Shawn S

·
Registered
868 Posts
10,300 since September. Trouble free aside from interior rattles from around sunglass holder, driver door speaker and rear deck.

·
Super Moderator
1,585 Posts
5,600 miles since August. I have the dead battery issue (been OK for a few months, thankfully), and on just the right song/frequency the rear headliner will rattle very slightly, but that's it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
6600 ssince 9/27/16

·
Registered
296 Posts
Picked it up in July and have ~8,000 miles on it so far. I have minor new car issues: speaker buzz in driver door, a bit of slop in the driver's seat bracket, and that plastic thing hanging down in front of the intercooler. In general it's been great to drive.
I've been complaining about the seat since the begining. Now when I think about it I have had a few issues that normally would make me crazy. But I really like this car and I am able to over look it. Still had to be repaired but not angry about it.

Reactions: ike
1 - 20 of 22 Posts