Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting an idea of how many times our cars had been driven before driving them off the lot... How many miles were on your car when you drove it home?

Mine came from Indiana, called and arranged everything over the phone, and drove out to pick it up. It had 15 miles on the clock when I drove it off the lot!

·
Registered
101 Posts
38 before test drive. Think 46 when I left.

First dealer I went to had just sold the one I came to see, only 8 miles on it still sitting in the show room.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just getting an idea of how many times our cars had been driven before driving them off the lot... How many miles were on your car when you drove it home?

Mine came from Indiana, called and arranged everything over the phone, and drove out to pick it up. It had 15 miles on the clock when I drove it off the lot!

Same here. It had 900 when the deer decided I shouldn't be driving it anymore :crying:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine had 77 off the lot. Apparently it had been test driven a few times. FWIW, the test drive loop for my dealer is about 7 miles.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was probably the 3 arse in the seat... the person that drove it off the assembly line to the train/docking lot, the porter that unloaded it, then me.

There were 3 miles on it when I test drove it for 15. It still had all the rail dust, plastic and stickers all over it.

Dealer cleaned it up nice, and I recall it having 25 on it when I picked her up. I'm assuming they drove it around after putting all the fluids in it. I'm telling myself they treated her with care and compassion....

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
206 miles , it was the sales manager demo

·
Registered
45 Posts
32 before I drove it. It took them quite a while to get the car out and they had to jump it so it hadn't been test driven in a while. They offered to let me keep the car for a day for an extended test drive which I took them up on. Bought it with ~75 miles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My FFS had 205 miles on it... They said they would move it between dealerships they owned throughout the year about 20 miles apart... It was on the lot for 10 months so I don't think it had many test drives. They knew I was driving from out of state, and replaced the battery before I arrived... I put another 270 miles on it to get home.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My 2017 had 7.9 miles, it sat on the lot for almost an entire year. All of the Fusion Sports in the lot had dead batteries.

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Had 2.6 miles on mine - kinda cheating since I special ordered mine, and had an agreement with the GM that my car would not be touched until I arrived to take delivery - he later told me he was glad he locked my keys in his office because 6 salesmen said they "had a customer that wanted to test drive it but couldn't find the keys" in 2 days.

Reactions: Oreo and BlueDust

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had 2.6 miles on mine - kinda cheating since I special ordered mine, and had an agreement with the GM that my car would not be touched until I arrived to take delivery - he later told me he was glad he locked my keys in his office because 6 salesmen said they "had a customer that wanted to test drive it but couldn't find the keys" in 2 days.

If they keys were out, your FFS may had had more miles then mine on delivery!

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Definitely would have! I cashed in a favor from a friend with who has some connections a while ago, mine was apparently the second Sport delivered to a Massachusetts dealer.

I remember when I was waiting during shipping there were already so many videos of early ones being floored 0-60 by dealers with like 20 miles on the car. That's why I had to make that agreement, haha.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlueDust

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine had 34 or 44, I think, just checked the bill of sale, it said 10 which is wrong. Also had a sticker on it that said it was driven 26 miles at factory for testing. Made on 4/23/19 purchased on 5/31/19. I didn't even test drive it when I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
1,259 Posts
3 miles, like DaMiFo special ordered mine...

Reactions: DaMiFo and BlueDust
1 - 20 of 24 Posts