Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that on the colder days the engine noise on my car is decently loud. I park outside and even after a minute or two after remote start, when I step out the door I can hear it in the driveway. Nothing sounds wrong or abnormal. Eventually it quiets down when it reaches operating temp. Anyone notice the same?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, mine has quite a bit going on in the engine bay at cold idle as well. I'm not sure if it's fan or pump noise or what... I share your opinion on the noise and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also notice engine noises but nothing that any other vehicle doesn't have. I've always been super picky about noises and rattles and after 40 years of vehicles, never had one sound perfect.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It is louder, but even here at -30°F it was quieter than my Flex's 3.5 Duratec engine. For a direct inject engine, she is fairly quiet and smooth.

Reactions: FusionReaction

·
Registered
92 Posts
It was very LOUD! Way louder than the Audi it replaced.

It is very quiet these days. It is sitting at the dealer with the engine on the ground next to it waiting for heads, valves and other assorted engine parts and pieces. Some of these are back ordered.

The loaner Edge is quiet on cold start ups. I have no idea what it has for a motor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It was very LOUD! Way louder than the Audi it replaced.

It is very quiet these days. It is sitting at the dealer with the engine on the ground next to it waiting for heads, valves and other assorted engine parts and pieces. Some of these are back ordered.

The loaner Edge is quiet on cold start ups. I have no idea what it has for a motor.
I'm very sorry to hear about this horrible experience.
It's a truly tuff pill to swallow.

I hope all ends well for you.

Reactions: aloyouis

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about this horrible experience.
It's a truly tuff pill to swallow.

I hope all ends well for you.
Thanks Flew.

I have been hearing quite a few very positive things about how Ford chooses to handle these things so I have a positive attitude on it. I think they just need time to process how to make it right.

I will be screaming praise from the roof top when they do. 0:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now, granted mine is a week old, but it idle's pretty quiet. Will report back when winter finally hits Baltimore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Its a little loud, but still way quieter than what I am used to, when cold but when it warms up, you can't even hear it running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts