Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washing my car this weekend I took a closer look at the brakes. Visually, they seem to be pretty beefy, especially the fronts (which of course do most of the braking). How good are the stock brakes, relative to, say, a standard Fusion or standard car in this size/weight range? I'm not looking to upgrade, just curious what the more knowledgeable folks on the forum think of the stock brake setup. I've owned more than on European car where the brakes were a weak spot - disks warping and pulsating way before time for replacement (Volvo and Mercedes, to be specific). My gut is the FS brakes are not going to do that? I'm just 2,500 miles so far and braking seems absolutely like brand new.

·
Registered
296 Posts
At first I thought the brakes were pretty good. But now that I have some miles on it (almost 25K) I'm thinking I want something better at least a better set of pads. Any suggestions I also don't want to clean a ton of brake dust. And that's one good thing about the original not too much dust.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I feel the same way, I'm approaching 23k? and the brakes seem a bit mushy. Which may not be their fault, as I am using the car a bit like my Cobra.

·
Registered
481 Posts
any more power than stock i think a brake upgrade is a good idea. Stock brakes fade very fast as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you guys found any good brakes for the car? & may be some good caliper covers? (with out having to add spacers)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've been looking for at least a pad upgrade but haven't found anything yet I too am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My opinion is Ford should have hit the parts bin a little harder.....The stock brakes are not bad, but considering Ford had a multitude of options already available, I'm a little disappointed. I don't mean to beat on Ford, love my car, but I really have to wonder why any company would build a fast car without commensurate braking ability. I know..... save money, but there could be some liability. I'm not seeing many of these out there, so I wonder how many upgrades we'll find. Hoping for a little better. Mark

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree Mark. How hard would it of really been to upgrade the brakes on a lower level even larger rears.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If I remember things correctly, most cars have a 90/10 F/R split for brake system, so upsizing the rear rotors substantially isn't going to add much performance. The fronts are substantially larger than the other Fusion models, and even some 18" wheel won't fit. Sure, I would have loved if they threw some Brembo multi-piston calipers on there, and definitely would like some more brake pedal feedback, but they're not that bad.

Reactions: ColoradoGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts