Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
You are correct, but if you really look closely the audi weighs more has less torque does not have active suspension, and yet performs so much better with 10mm wider tires
How does the ride quality compare, i wonder. Usually with a standard suspension you trade comfort for handling.

Then again, the smaller engine probably weighs less so the A4 might have better weight distribution which would help a lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How does the ride quality compare, i wonder. Usually with a standard suspension you trade comfort for handling.

Then again, the smaller engine probably weighs less so the A4 might have better weight distribution which would help a lot.
I feel that my S4 rode about the same as the Fusion when it's in sport mode.

But in another note I got to really push it through some corners last weekend in a 45min sprint and I'm really starting to get a feel for how the car reacts. My only real complaints at this point are the paddle shifters not letting you downshift till it thinks your in the right range(even though I had plenty of rpm), and would love to have some feedback from the steering. The shift points I'll get used to after awhile (still miss my manual trans) the rest is learning to use the car to its strengths. It does understeer like no other though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had two little pocket rockets playing today from light to light and wanted to see how the FS stacked up against them, 2012 MS3 with a pipe that I could hear not sure if it had any other mods , and a Veloster turbo, very open area , so I pulled up next to them at the next light. I wasn't sure how well the FS would do with these two cars? Btw wife in car with me as witness lol . The light turned green and both the other cars were spinning their tires, the FS took off like being projected from a sling shot and left both in the dust about 6-7 car lengths, poor guys, at the next light they both asked me what in the world that car had in it LOL , my wife and I were grinning all the way home.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Had two little pocket rockets playing today from light to light and wanted to see how the FS stacked up against them, 2012 MS3 with a pipe that I could hear not sure if it had any other mods , and a Veloster turbo, very open area , so I pulled up next to them at the next light. I wasn't sure how well the FS would do with these two cars? Btw wife in car with me as witness lol . The light turned green and both the other cars were spinning their tires, the FS took off like being projected from a sling shot and left both in the dust about 6-7 car lengths, poor guys, at the next light they both asked me what in the world that car had in it LOL , my wife and I were grinning all the way home.
Because of the torque you will beat the speed but roll race it will eat you alive. MS3 Is a beast on the sushi rolls

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeah those regular ricer cars have no chance the fusion sport competes with cars in much higher classes and price points.
I wouldn't call them ricer cars. And the Mazdaspeed is what started the big change in all of the compact car scene. I'd like to see what the FuSpo would do against the mazdaspeed 6. Similar platform but the speed has less power. To be honest also the speed has a lot more support and I know of many 6's pushing 400 on simple bolt ons. This was my reason for buying the fusion sport. Once the market starts selling parts for us, we can have great results

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wouldn't call them ricer cars. And the Mazdaspeed is what started the big change in all of the compact car scene. I'd like to see what the FuSpo would do against the mazdaspeed 6. Similar platform but the speed has less power. To be honest also the speed has a lot more support and I know of many 6's pushing 400 on simple bolt ons. This was my reason for buying the fusion sport. Once the market starts selling parts for us, we can have great results
It's kinda funny how the ms3 and the ms6 use the same motor, which btw is owned by Ford LOL Kinda like the I4 ??

41 - 50 of 50 Posts