Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was eyeballing unleashed, but I'm not sure. I've never seen a 93 octane pump around me so I can't do a 93 tune, and I have no idea how to do the computer stuff. Is there any tune I can get that I can just plug it into my car and call it good? I know this sounds stupid, but if not. How do I learn how to get it tuned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unleashed is the way to go imo. Go to their website, and find a programmer (i recommend the SCT programmer). Put in your vehicle info, and choose how many tunes you want. Torrie (unleashed tuning) can get you any tune you ask for basically. You can get a 91, 87, E30... etc. There are a lot of forums about this on this page. You'll get the tuner in your mail, and the tune you ask for in an email, you will download it and put it into your programmer. Then plug it in, and basically flash your ECU with the new tune. It's pretty simple imo.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
So I was eyeballing unleashed, but I'm not sure. I've never seen a 93 octane pump around me so I can't do a 93 tune, and I have no idea how to do the computer stuff. Is there any tune I can get that I can just plug it into my car and call it good? I know this sounds stupid, but if not. How do I learn how to get it tuned.
Hi @Rankzz! I think both Unleashed and Livernois can do what you want. Basically you just want a portable tuner device you can plug into the car and not have to use your computer with the car all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unleashed is the way to go imo. Go to their website, and find a programmer (i recommend the SCT programmer). Put in your vehicle info, and choose how many tunes you want. Torrie (unleashed tuning) can get you any tune you ask for basically. You can get a 91, 87, E30... etc. There are a lot of forums about this on this page. You'll get the tuner in your mail, and the tune you ask for in an email, you will download it and put it into your programmer. Then plug it in, and basically flash your ECU with the new tune. It's pretty simple imo.
🤣🤣 I have no idea what that means but I'm sire they'll help me out! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
One other thing too @Rankzz! If you can't find 93 in your area, you probably live at a high altitude. Am I right? If so they might sell really low octane in your area, like 86 or even 85. Don't ever, ever run that! You don't ever want to put anything less than 87 in these cars. Their forced induction systems won't like low octane gas. I know you weren't asking about that but I wanted to mention it because it's important.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One other thing too @Rankzz! If you can't find 93 in your area, you probably live at a high altitude. Am I right? If so they might sell really low octane in your area, like 86 or even 85. Don't ever, ever run that! You don't ever want to put anything less than 87 in these cars. Their forced induction systems won't like low octane gas. I know you weren't asking about that but I wanted to mention it because it's important.
Thank you for the notice! I am at high altitude (Utah) and even with my 2014 fusion titanium I ONLY ever put 91 in it. That's what I was planning to do with the sport so I did know that already, but I appreciate the heads up:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Before you spend a dime, you need to do more reading and research. The worst thing would be for you to get in over your head, and brick an expensive device. Or, have a car that won't run.

Spend the time and email a couple of the different tuners to find out what they offer to help walk you through the process. That will also be a good barometer to judge the customer service to expect if things go sideways.

I also recommend Torrie with Unleashed. They were patient and helpful. I differ from others an used the HP device. I wanted a set it, and forget it approach. I also have read enough about longer term issues with the handheld devices.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Goat Rope Garage will help you out a lot, but make sure you go to the begining. He gets pretty in depth, and will loose you in a instant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts