Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Was looking at AWD cars and my friend has a 2.0 turbo and i wanted to see how much power they made and price. Went to the ford site and saw this insane sport hahha, The rest is history.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
36 Posts
As soon as I was "in the market" (early to mid 2016) I was interested in the SHO and the Fusion Titanium. I'd fantasize by building the same cars via Ford's website a few times a month. A month or two of this goes by and I noticed the Sport trim and was sold right away.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We were looking to buy the new Edge with the 2.7 in it but I wanted to test the 2.7 engine out 1st. Drove the F150 with the 2.7 engine but was not overly impressed with it. I asked my buddy the sales manager if he had anything else with the 2.7 engine and he pointed out the Fusion Sport that just got unloaded from the car carrier. I drove it as soon as it was PDIed. Went home told my wife she needed to drive the car and did we really need another SUV. She drove the car the next day, came home and said this is our new car. The next day traded in our old Edge and we were proud owners of Ruby our new Fusion Sport.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I follow Ford fairly closely. I think they announced it like last February. By June, when I joined here, I was debating the Sport or Ecoboost Mustang. Finally decided on the Sport. Glad I did. It's much more rare and special. I really think it picked up where the '95 SHO left off. With 22 more years of experience.

Exactly this.

I have been looking to replace my Cobra as a daily since 160k miles (two years ago, when my son was 1.5 yrs old).

But i just couldn't find a car, then they announced the Fusion Sport (had previously looked at Fusions and told them i'd buy it if it had balls), ordered mine as soon as they were in.

Reactions: Flew and 1153

·
Registered
172 Posts
Was impressed with the 2.7 in the 16 Edge Sport so I added the Fusion Sport to the stable. Both have unique driving experiences.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I always loved the body style on the 2g fusion, I googled the 2017 and saw the Sport. All the other cars I was looking at ( final edition evo x, STI, RS, M2, S5, S4 ) were null and void. When I went to the dealer they just got their first sport in, I was sold immediately. After my test drive on the base model I put my order in on the one I have now.

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
I have a problem and follow Ford's products very closely - sometimes so up to date and detailed it becomes uncomfortable. lol.
I was hoping they'd follow the "performance cars come after the facelift" routine as usual, so I held off on buying anything until it was confirmed or not.

Reactions: Engineer and 1153

·
Registered
346 Posts
Our Ford focus which we got in 2014, had a lease expiring in June so I was searching for a good alternative that was sporty. Seeing that I couldn't get my fiancé to learn to drive stick (She wasn't having it) The focus RS was out of the picture. Saw an article online titled " Ford fusion sport the real SHO" and I felt my spine tingle... read that article continue to scour the Internet and read every article I could fine (this is 2 months ago)... was certain that that was the car that I wanted... never test drove one just watered it for dealership the next day... taking delivery on April 9 cannot wait

·
Registered
465 Posts
Like Dave,
I follow Ford pretty faithfully.
Up to now my favourite Ford I owned was a 1990 35th Anniversary Thunderbird SC(full load)
3.73 gears , March overdrive pulley, 73MM C&L Mass Air....

Went shopping for a 2017 Mustang GT.
Drove a 2016 Fusion Platinum AWD with the 2.0 and fantasized about a twin turbo V6 in the same car!
I then lurked on this site until I could order one.

LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looking for a replacement for my 03 Mustang Cobra, I wanted a car that had decent handling and power but had an AT and softer suspension along with advanced safety features. I take the car magazines and saw the Sport. My wife has a 13 Fusion Titanium and I was impressed by it. Like DaveE I drove the Ecoboost Mustang and Sport. No comparison. I ordered the Sport with the features I wanted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I read the article in Car and Driver, which I have faithfully read for over 30 years. I remember seeing a blurb about it in an earlier issue about future vehicles, but totally forgot about it. One odd thing about Car and Driver, they never make you feel totally comfortable buying a car they review, unless it's a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes. They always throw some kind of snarky barb that gives you second thoughts about wanting it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My fusion is my 3rd ford. My previous fords were trucks. Although my mazdaspeed was partial with ford.
86 ranger
01 f250 v10 crew cab

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well pretty easy for my to find out about the Sport because I sell New Fords. I was wanting to trade my 14 MKZ for something with more power. I was looking at getting a used SHO but the payment would have been the same for a used car as my lease payment on the Sport so I couldn't go wrong with it!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I follow all the car mags, info sources, youtube channels... I saw all the blurbs when the car was announced early last year during auto show season, and saw one at the 2016 Cleveland show (was locked so I couldn't get in), and got excited for a performance sedan other than the sho, which I like, but was just too outdated and bloated (still riding on the same platform as my old Five Hundred, but a much more poorly packaged product than the Five Hundred's cavernous insides)

then as my Five's transmission began to degrade rapidly, and I had been at my new job for a few months I knew the Sport was in my future. After test driving my dealer's first one off the truck I was sold.

Side note, I went to the Cleveland auto show over the weekend and was happy they brought a sport with a nice info board so people could know whats lurking underneath...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like I may have been one of the first to hear about them and the last to buy.

I had a 2014 Fusion titanium that I was happy with, but I wanted more power and AWD, so I searched for information about a performance version (sport, ST, etc). Saw some rumors in mid 2015 that indicated that was a possibility and followed it through the autoshow launch, website launch and configuration. Emailed my salesman almost a year ago to let him know I wanted to test drive one, but wasn't ready to buy unless the price was right. It took a while, but they had a few they wanted to move and he contacted me about taking one for a drive. I did, and I ended up buying about a week later.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was reading articles for the Focus RS and came across one that said the Fusion Sport was a better buy. So I checked it out. They were right.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts