Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know starting with the 2017s there is a new rating/testing system per the government.
What are your findings regarding the MPG rating. The specs are 17 city / 26 hwy / 20 combined.
Do these number match yours? Especially the highway rating?
-Lee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Highway is pretty close. I'm getting 19.1 combined, and most of my driving is city.

·
Registered
331 Posts
On my highway-only trip back from Indiana to Missouri after picking up the car, the gauge showed right at 30MPG. Cruise set at 70 for the trip home, A/C and cooled seats the whole way.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I know starting with the 2017s there is a new rating/testing system per the government.
What are your findings regarding the MPG rating. The specs are 17 city / 26 hwy / 20 combined.
Do these number match yours? Especially the highway rating?
-Lee
I've put a little over 1000 miles on my Sport. Most has been commuting to work,which is 23 miles one way on freeway. Morning commute speed ranges 70-80mph. Afternoon commute is rush hour type traffic so speeds can vary from 10-70mph. All this said, I would say that only 60-70% of my miles would qualify for typical highway mileage. According to the Sports computer I am consistently getting 23.9 mpg(was getting 24.4 when I was really babying it). I haven't run the numbers myself, but if we were to assume the computers numbers are accurate, I would say I'm getting better than the epa numbers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The computers never seem to be accurate though. You can generally take one to two mpg off of that. In my 2010 Fusion Sport the display shows about a 23.5, but calculating it out, I was averaging 22.1. There is an app called Fuelly that will do all the calculations for you, you just track the odometer, and gallons put in, you also put in cost and such, and than you can get cost per mile and a few other things calculated as well. Those numbers were the same as the numbers I calculated myself.

So unless the on board systems got better, I would imagine you can still take a little bit off of it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There is an app called Fuelly that will do all the calculations for you, you just track the odometer, and gallons put in, you also put in cost and such, and than you can get cost per mile and a few other things calculated as well.
I'm on Android, I personally have tried about half a dozen apps in the past, before deciding on Fuel Buddy. I can track more than just fillups - Service, expenses, and trips (and the trips will actually mark your distance with GPS). When I finally found the app, it looked terrible but the functions were awesome. I sent an email in to the dev about the GUI, and wouldn't you know it they eventually (took probably about a year) did a whole revamp of the GUI. It's pretty awesome overall, and you can even take pictures of your receipts so you know what fueling station it was, all of the exact parameters of the fill, and you can customize the input fields, so as an example if you prefer to do cost per gallon and number of gallons for total cost, or if you prefer to do total cost and number of gallons which will derive your cost/gal. Also makes it super easy to find out where you got bad gas from, with proof of the location.

Anyway, not trying to be a salesman for them, their product does that on its own. For those interested, here's a link to the Play Store...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mrigapps.andriod.fuelcons&hl=en

Edit: Apparently it's available on iOS as well...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fuel-buddy-mileage-expense/id893278325?ls=1&mt=8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts